Author Topic: Burning rash  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Mikali

• Sly Guy in Training
Burning rash
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:26:46 AM »
Hi guys,

Since this morning I have this rash on the back of my neck.
It's redness with a few bumps, no yellow heads but it really stings/burns. Now this might be caused by wearing a shirt in combination with warm weather maybe??
Have been reading about it already but besides using the nivea extreme comfort anti irritation I can't find much more ...
Would doing a head scrub before shaving help? Should I shave now that there is this rash? Can I use this possible scrub whilst this rash is there?

any tips would be very welcome :)

Offline Mikali

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Burning rash
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:29:30 AM »
A small update: got the nivea extreme comfort anti irritation balm yesterday and have been using it twice a day.
The irritation is a lot less red but it still stings/burns occasionally.
In the meantime a few yellow heads popped up and have used a scrub (rituals mud dragon) and alot of the yellow fellows have disappeared already.
But after some research it turns out that Rituals isn't that good as they use parabens and a lot of parfum.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try and find Yves Rocher's ginseng actif because the St Ives Apricot is not available in Belgium ...

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »
I am glad to hear that what you are trying is working for you.

Could these be ingrown hairs?
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Mikali

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 01:55:48 AM »
These could certainly be ingrown hairs. I have this problem in my beard as well and have been scrubbing since I'm shaving with a straight and it helps.
The problem is that all the products which pass by here on the forum (like for instance witch hazel or bump control etc.) are not available in Belgium.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:06:17 AM »
Try rubbing your shaving areas with ice cubes after you shave....It works well on the head, should work on the face too...(it does for me)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »
I have seen a depilatory for men with extremely curly hair who have problems with ingrown hairs.  I seem to remember it being called something like Magic Shave Cream.   It is intended to be used on the face instead of a razor.

I have no idea how effective it might be.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Mikali

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 03:25:21 AM »
Have shaved my head again yesterday evening and so far irritation free  O:O
However have shaved the back only WTG and XTG, unfortunately not BBS but for now it will have to do.
But in the morning there is off course alot of stuble/shadow again therefore I think will be shaving daily...
Will check in the weekend if I can do the ATG when beeing carefull and not applying any pressure  ;)

Beachtuna

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »
I had the same problem with a lot redness, burning and some bumps. On a whim I layered the back of my head with Neosporin. Left that over night and by morning the redness and burning had disappeared. Still had a few bumps but the majority had cleared.

Enter your email address: