Author Topic: Ken's Fitness Regiment  (Read 8386 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Ken's Fitness Regiment
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »
I wish I had the willpower most of you have.  I have never been to a gym.  When i was in school..i was sorta the whimp....i couldnt lift weights very well....I dont have much upper body strength....my legs now thats different....but doing chin ups...tramatizing for me.  I just couldnt do it ...so it sorta has effected me in the long term.  I see all these people in the gyms...and i sorta feel that it is off boundries for me.  The fear of getting noticed ..hey look at the dude over there...he cant do sh*t.

Everybody has to start somewhere.  Start with a weight that you can handle and gradually work your way up.  I've been doing this for three years now and could not lift very much in the beginning.  I've come a long way but still can't lift what some other guys can, but so what?  I've never seen anybody at the gym laughing at anyone else -- with the exception of one or two oddballs who exhibit some extremely bizarre behavior.  Most people are too focused on their own workouts to pay much attention to anyone else.

Most gyms have trainers who can show you what you need to do to obtain your goals and how to lift weights and use the equipment  properly so you don't hurt yourself.  It's worth paying for a few sessions to get started on the right foot.