Author Topic: where are you from?  (Read 36065 times)

Offline nyc3712

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: where are you from?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »
Hello from NYC...I am a new "poster" but frequent reader.  Is the reunion still on in Austin this Fri-Sun?  I would like to come but have not seen many posting talking about it.  If so, I will plan on coming...

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 04:49:33 AM »
nyc3172.... the convention has been cancelled.  plans 4 a 2008 sbg convention will b in chicago.  i welcomed u @ another post but again.... welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  how long have u been sly?

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 11:22:54 AM »
Hey I actually visited Kemi back in 1991  I went to Finland for a monts vacation.  I spent most of my time in southern Finland..Helsinki..Turku ..etc.  Had teh best time of my life.  Welcome to the SLY GUY family ...

Haha, that was unexpected but still cool. How did you like Kemi? It's kinda ugly city, the russians always say that they feel like at home here, because it looks like Russia.
Actually it was ok...only because it was neat to visit a foreign country.  I would rather stay in southern part of Finland.  I would really like to return there someday but to find the time to go, because something like that you need to take more than jsut a weeks vacation for, Im talkin like coming over for a month

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 11:59:24 AM »
Hello from NYC...I am a new "poster" but frequent reader.  Is the reunion still on in Austin this Fri-Sun?  I would like to come but have not seen many posting talking about it.  If so, I will plan on coming...

Hey NYC3712, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!  I would have loved to meet you in Austin, but as Warhawk said, it's been canceled this year.  I look forward to getting to know you here on the forum and possibly meeting you in Chicago for the '08 convention.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Maleante

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2007, 01:13:18 PM »
Born in Monterrey Mexico, 24 years living right behind of "EL cerro de la Silla"  in Guadalupe Mexico
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:16:29 PM by Maleante »
it´s just me!!!

Offline baldchief99

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/stevesample76
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 03:09:39 PM »
Born and raised in and around Champaign Illinois.  About an hour and a half straight south of Chicago.  Home of the University of Illinois Fighting Illini.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »
Born and raised in and around Champaign Illinois.  About an hour and a half straight south of Chicago.  Home of the University of Illinois Fighting Illini.

Whoa...how fast you drivin' bro?  j/k   Have family and friends in Monticello and Farmer City.  Great to have another member of the Illinois contingent on board.  Hope ya make Chicago next year.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 04:04:11 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »
Born in Modesto, Ca, and later relocated to San Lorenzo, Ca got married and relocated to Pioneer, Ca... them escaped California to Kalispell, Mt in 1990

http://www.fcvb.org/kalispell.php

For some they have been here and gone, some pass thru going to Glacier National Park.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
Italy, 50 Km from Venice.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 10:56:53 PM »

I assume that explains the 'chief' portion of your name.  I hate that the U of I caved, and Chief Illiniwek won't be out on the football field anymore.  I hate the PC crowd.  Traditions are very important, and that one will be missed.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 04:53:58 AM »

Whoa...how fast you drivin' bro?  j/k   Have family and friends in Monticello and Farmer City.  Great to have another member of the Illinois contingent on board.  Hope ya make Chicago next year.
Hey I've been to Champaign/Urbana Illinois, I delivered the light poles in the parking lot of that big mall right on the border of those two cities/towns. I liked it there.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Cerebus

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 05:23:14 AM »
Born and raised in Northcentral PA (Williamsport area) ...now residing in Frederick, MD.

Offline Da_Rev_Juggalo

• Da Rev Is A
  • Sly Jr.
  • Me And My Burm Wraith
    • http://myspace.com/lawman
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2007, 01:58:07 PM »
Well Im The Other Rowdy Rajun Cajun From Down In Louisiana. But Me And Paul Live About 100 Miles Apart.

Thank God!!J/k

Offline baldchief99

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/stevesample76
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 02:24:36 PM »

Hey I've been to Champaign/Urbana Illinois, I delivered the light poles in the parking lot of that big mall right on the border of those two cities/towns. I liked it there.

You are always welcome back.  It really is not a bad place to be.  You can hit Farmer City and see some killer dirt track racing as well and if you like trains you can see the train museum in Monticello.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2007, 09:59:41 PM »
As of July 9th I am from Arizona. (east valley)