Author Topic: General Bald Person Comradery  (Read 3867 times)

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
General Bald Person Comradery
« on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
So I was at work today (I work for FedEx) and it was quite chilly in the office.  I decided to go outside and get some some warmth.  The sun felt excellent on my head and I continued standing outside since there were no customers.  Soon a fellow got out of his car and low and behold he was bald.  He had been sitting there in his parked car for a few minutes and the first thing he said was "hey man, getting some sun on that bald head?"

I thought it was so funny that he knew exactly why I was out there.  I wanted some extra sun on the dome.  He came in and had a pleasant chat about how he shaved, where I had gotten my first shave, etc.  It was great to share this kind of unspoken club with the guy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:46:12 PM by smoothsailing »

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: General Bald Person Comradery
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:43:48 PM »
It's fun when something like that happens!
Hair is over rated.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »
So I was at work today (I work for FedEx)
.   I work for UPS  >:D'

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 06:42:48 PM »
I love it!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
I don't mean to take sides or start a war here but, based on past experience, I'd rather do business with UPS than FedEx.
Hair is over rated.

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
haha i hear the same thing from customers about fedex. it's all personal exp really and i use fedex only because i get a discount

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:26 AM »
As a former FedEx worker, I can appreciate such chance meetings. My supervisor and some of my former co-workers were sly and I think that may have been part of the reason I stopped being occasionally sly and went permanently sly five years ago! FWIW, my brother works for UPS in Las Vegas LOL......I don't see anything wrong with a little comparison/competition, it's no better than the Home Depot vs. Lowe's argument I hear all the time at my current job (which pays almost double what I was making at FedEx ;D ;D)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 05:45:22 AM »
I don't mean to take sides or start a war here but, based on past experience, I'd rather do business with UPS than FedEx.
:@`

benlen

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:31 AM »
I think it feels good when a fellow bald man (those who shave their head, anyway) compliments you on the look. I've had that happen once a couple months ago, and I was glad that it was brought up for once not in a joking way, but rather seriously.

Often people will joke about my baldness and I take it in stride, but it does get old, so it's always good to hear something positive like, "Yeah man we're rockin it together!"

As for the UPS vs FedEx thing...I found that in my part of New England UPS was generally more reliable at standard ground deliveries, but if I needed something ASAP (overnight, next day, etc) FedEx was king. Does anybody here for for DHL? :-p haha.

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
I know how you feel on that one. we used to joke with my uncle about hos early bald head. Now we have more in common :)