Author Topic: Considering Shaved Head  (Read 4946 times)

Offline Requiescat

• Learning the way of Sly
Considering Shaved Head
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:28:39 PM »
Hi,
I've been contemplating shaving my head for a while now, but am wondering if it would suit me. What features in head dimension, shape, skin tone and facial features would be a no-no? I have a high hairline, much like a Greek member had here, which has impeded me styling my hair. I suspect I have a diamond shaped head, natural tan, and a sleek jaw line. I'll try upload a pic sometime.I haven't had a photo taken in nearly nine years though, and don't look in the mirror, which complicates things.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Considering Shaved Head
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »
What features in head dimension, shape, skin tone and facial features would be a no-no?
Let's see:
Is your head 6 feet across? If not, it's OK.
Are you a dodecahedron? If not, it's OK.
Is your skin hot pink? If not, it's OK.
Do you have scales or feathers on your face? If not, it's OK.

Short form: it's OK.

Seriously, welcome to SBG.

And yes, it's OK. You don't need to have anything special to look great bald.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
SlyBear is right. There's no such thing as a "wrong" head type for being sly. Go for it! And welcome to the club.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:41:57 PM »
Welcome mate,

Give it a go, you might just like it :)
Lynchy

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 03:57:38 AM »
I was thinking along the same lines as Sly Bear.  Do you still have a head on your shoulders? then it would look good shaved. 

Offline Requiescat

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
That sounds logical enough, though I do think losing a little weight would help me pull it off better. My sleeker jaw means I cannot carry much excess weight without looking more awful than normal. The hair would help balance that out. I'd feel much better if I saw another person with at least a similar kind of face to mine! That's the part that worries me most. Ryan Gosling has a similar outer shape to mine, but my facial features are not that much alike. I particularly hate my nose, especially with the damaged septum. I was thinking that growing a goatee would help conceal that and draw attention away from it, whilst also adding some weight to my jawline. I'm no expert on these things, so it's just a thought. I'm aiming to shave my head the end of June, so I'll prep myself as best as I can before I do.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:36:12 AM by Requiescat »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 10:53:45 AM »
As usual, TheSlyBear is right.  I would also like to add, that like many guys, you are being too hard on your looks.  I be it we asked people to describe you after seeing you, that they wouldn't have such harsh judgments.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Well, most of us can benefit from loosing a few pounds.

Bald or not.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »
Well, most of us can benefit from loosing a few pounds.

Bald or not.

I'm one of them!
Hair is over rated.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »
Perfection doesn't exist, OP. Only in opinion. No one can answer your question, because there is no set criteria for how you should look before removing your hair.

In other words, stop nitpicking at all of these little aspects of yourself and just shave your noggin. Then, and only then, will you know if it's for you or not. It's hair, it'll grow back if you are unhappy with it.  Good luck in your final decision. O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Requiescat

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
Well, I buzzed it down to #2 and I'm somewhat disappointed. I naturally had a high hairline which I think has crepted back a bit. The high hairline I think makes my forehead look even bigger than it is. Would a full shave improve this?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 08:31:03 PM »
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....Give the full shave a try, you can always grow it back if you don't like it!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 11:11:49 PM »
The high hairline I think makes my forehead look even bigger than it is. Would a full shave improve this?
Likely. It's hard to have a high hairline when you don't have one!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 04:29:03 AM »
Well, I buzzed it down to #2 and I'm somewhat disappointed. I naturally had a high hairline which I think has crept back a bit. The high hairline I think makes my forehead look even bigger than it is. Would a full shave improve this?

Well, with a full shave you'll either not see the hairline or it is just a shadow. In my opinion, it would solve this issue. There will be no hairline, so the size of your forehead won't be an issue.  It's pretty hard to beat the beauty of a bald head on a guy.

It's been a long time since I had a #2. Seems like that is really long hair (LOL).

Enter your email address: