Author Topic: Doubting you would look good? Me too, here's what helped me  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Undercoverbrother

• Learning the way of Sly
I thought how many times have you seen a sly fellow and said "wow he definitely shoulda kept his hair!" For me it was about 0. BALD is BOLD, so as long as you rock it proudly, you pull if off, and probably a lot better than you'd expect. You won't be the ONE guy who has a head shaped so odd, that the sly look totally throws everyone off making you look ridiculous. Rather you'll be "the bald guy" te one no one can picture with hair anymore anyway. If you have MPB people notice, and usually negatively.. If you're bald, people notice, positively.. It MAKES you confident. Everyone has a good bald head, even if your always had hair... Girls are mostly viewed as having Long hair, not even short hair but long past the shoulder hair, an there's plenty BEAUTIFUL bald women. And besides, people wot judge you on the chrome dome, if they do you don't want to be around someone like that anyway. After all confidence is everything, embracing my dome feels a lot better than trying to hide my thin hair and odd thick patch on my even odder hairline. Wear it proud ! Instead of being the insecure guy who's hiding his MPB, be the bald dude you know is ready for a good time!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Doubting you would look good? Me too, here's what helped me
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:00:16 PM »
Yes!  Rock it and you'll rock the confidence with it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ShavenHaven

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:27:04 AM »
Completely agree.

It does take a bit of time, some getting used to but after a while it becomes a part of you and you cant imagine going back.

Its kind of like having sex for the first time. Once you've done it you wonder what the fuss was all about haha

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:10:44 PM »
 O0

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 11:22:30 PM »
Basically, about 99.999999999999% of people that you see don't care at all about your hair or lack of it. Usually, they care about your hair in direct proportion to you caring about their hair or lack thereof. That said, I don't mind a bit of variety so it's nice that everyone isn't bald.

So, if you feel that you can benefit from slickness [whether by confidence, looking "better" or ease of grooming etc.] then go ahead and do it -- you will not be sorry. I reckon that everyone should shave their head at least once in their lifetime and keep it like that for a while just to experience the freedom from the "tyranny of hair".

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
Nice post, some very good points!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
Excellent post.  O0