Author Topic: DE headshave  (Read 1106 times)

Offline baldie_beats

• Learning the way of Sly
DE headshave
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:12:32 AM »
I bought a double edge (DE) handle off ebay a few weeks ago - nothing special - just a cheapie from China. Couldn't wait to use it, so yesterday, lathered up the face with some cheap body soap. Baby Butt smooth. Wow. I couldn't stop touching my face all day. (Kinda like the first week I shaved my head - couldn't stop touching that).

So today, a package of shaving soaps arrived, and although some of them smell like my granddad, I tried to lather up and shave the ol' dome.  It was a lot of effort, and I did nick a mole on my head and had blood dripping down my face, but it is pretty smooth.

I think once my other accessories (brus/bowl/alum block) arrive, I'll be able to appreciate/learn the art better.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: DE headshave
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:57:29 AM »
Awesome stuff mate, DE is definitely great.

With time and practice it's a truly great shave IMO.

Cheers
Lynchy

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
i'm a recent convert, working well on my face, feels great, have used it on my head a couple of times, got a little irritation on 3rd shave, but alum and witch hazel cleared that, i'll stick with it

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:43:48 PM »
For your head, are you going with the grain, then across, and then against the grain? Or doing something different? I just did my first DE shave of the face today, and want to try shaving my head with it, but will definitely need some more practice.