Author Topic: anxious about a parental visit next week  (Read 7625 times)

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: anxious about a parental visit next week
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 03:52:43 PM »
yea mine dont bother me either its just the nicking them that bugs me too....i've noticed that i only nick it when my blade is older than 2 weeks......when i do nick it i let it heal for a few days by using my electric razor in that spot.....mine is on the side of my head...would suck if it was on the back not being able to see if it bleeding or not......you having them cut off or froze off?
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 04:58:21 PM »
yea mine dont bother me either its just the nicking them that bugs me too....i've noticed that i only nick it when my blade is older than 2 weeks......when i do nick it i let it heal for a few days by using my electric razor in that spot.....mine is on the side of my head...would suck if it was on the back not being able to see if it bleeding or not......you having them cut off or froze off?
I'll find out from the surgeon, but the Dr. I met with isn't the one doing it,
i told them I want what ever method would leave the least amount of scarring

i think they'll be cutting it, but I'm not sure 100% yet

jusbnme

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 06:45:43 AM »
I'll find out from the surgeon, but the Dr. I met with isn't the one doing it,
i told them I want what ever method would leave the least amount of scarring

i think they'll be cutting it, but I'm not sure 100% yet

Good luck with the removal.  Best wishes.

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »
UPDATE

I'm up here in Maine..
we arrived Thursday night, it was kind of late, not much was said about it.   
But the next morning, I got the grilling.

my step mother said exactly what I thought, "you have such nice hair".

my father seems to focus more on the angioma's more than anything, I explain that's one of the primary reasons I did this, so I can have them cut off, AND because I like it!

all in all, everybody was right, it wasn't that bad, they got over it rather quickly.
 8)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »
Well I am glad you are past that Frank.  I started feeling the same way you did when I was to meet up wtih my parents..they only live 2 blocks away..and i was like braced for tthe worst for about 30 seconds..and finally I told myself..im 37 ..i can do what ever the hell I want....and if they dont like it...then dont come see me. But I dont ever see that happening..my parents are the greatest..but when i did finally see them ..i got the bulging eyes and the question of WHY?  my response..( and i didnt mean for it to sound as bad as it did or as shitty as it did) I told them because I CAN.  So congrats on staying SLY ..its cool...and i like it

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 11:33:57 AM »
Oh I forgot to add....I have only been sly for about 2 weeks....and I am going to a family reunion today.  This ought to go over well....but hey ...its not their head...its MINE.  lol
Good luck to anyone who decides to go SLY...best move you can make if it questionable to you.
See ya

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 12:05:55 PM »
Glad things went fairly well there frank...and Timm, sounds like you have the right attitude to handle whatever comes up at that reunion, but from past experience will bet all goes really well.  Good luck
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 09:55:53 AM »
Just a re-cap of my weekend up there in Maine with the Family.

every morning, I would get questioned about it.     

my father kept asking if I was going to grow my hair back after I get the moles cut off my head, I told him straight out, NO.

he said his peace and told me he likes me 'better with hair'... oh well... I guess he'll have to like me just a little less, because I'm not going to have hair.

jusbnme

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »

my father kept asking if I was going to grow my hair back after I get the moles cut off my head, I told him straight out, NO.

he said his peace and told me he likes me 'better with hair'... oh well... I guess he'll have to like me just a little less, because I'm not going to have hair.

Good for you.  O0  Do what makes you happy.  ;)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »

Good for you.  O0  Do what makes you happy.  ;)
Lance said it all
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »
Put it this way Bro...he only has to see you what???? once a month or so or once a year?  And also....Im 37 and if my dad tried to tell me I had to have hair on my head....well.....I believe they stopped being my authoritive figure on what I do when I turned 18.   my mom still walks by and taps me on the head and says WHY WHY WHY with a smile.  But I think she jsut does it cause she wants to feel the DOME!  LOL
Hey I love my mom...what can I say

BALDANDRE

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »
Well, you made it and survived...glad you're sticking to your guns and keeping the bald dome..

life is too short for you not to live the way YOU choose!

Keep it smooth and sly brutha! O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 09:43:21 AM »
Good for you frank, "you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"  Stay sly bro.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 11:44:24 AM »
frank... glad that u r defending your right 2 b happy by keeping your dome smooth.  your father will come around but the MAIN thing is that U like your new U.  keep it sly!!!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: