Author Topic: Just went sly for the first time, need help!!  (Read 5486 times)

Offline RichardN.

• Sly
Re: Just went sly for the first time, need help!!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 09:08:37 AM »
Congratulations!!  Welcome!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 09:21:32 AM »
Hey Dale,

Congratulations on your liberation!!
Keep up with it like the guys have said. You will have plenty of support here , these guys are great.
I will be joining the ranks of the liberated very soon too.

NY

Offline dalecooper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 06:43:10 PM »
Phew, I just went against the grain... NOW THAT is a shave hahah.  This is an entirely different feeling, smooth all over.  I used the headblade for the top of my head, and mach 3 with a fresh blade for everything else....  I don't feel comfortable with the headblade on the sides of my head, it seems to grab my skin more.

Put on some coppertone gradual summer tan ($5 on sale at walgreens, was marked full price on the shelf).  I'm going to have to get some headslick, an exfoliator and possibly the headlube.

I'll post some pictures that I took the other day as soon I get them on my pc.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 07:12:21 PM »
Phew, I just went against the grain... NOW THAT is a shave hahah.  This is an entirely different feeling, smooth all over.  I used the headblade for the top of my head, and mach 3 with a fresh blade for everything else.

OK, now do that every day for the next week and I guarantee you will be hooked for life.  ^-^

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 07:48:27 PM »
I'll second that, although I was hooked the first day!

I felt really bad about calling my barber and telling him that I was going to skip my appointment on June 16th... I told him that I was going to give the sly look the rest of the summer, but I already know I'm not going back to having hair on the head

jusbnme

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 09:58:51 PM »
I'll probably just be echoing what the others guys have said but it will get easier the more you shave.  You'll get into a routine and it won't be nothing to it.  As far as the HB goes it does take some getting use to.  The Mach 3 works pretty well.  I'm actually using that right now since I ran out of Schick cartridges.  A few things I could suggest is maybe trying a different shave gel/cream.  I gave the gillette stuff a try when I first started shaving and wasn't too impressed.  I would recommend HeadSlick by HeadBlade.  I was using Bald Guyz shave gel but found it wouldn't stay as lathered or slick as I'd like.  I don't use the HB razor itself but I do like the other products from HB.  You should be able to find it in most of your local stores.  Another thing that may help on irritation is to shower shave.   The hot water and steam will help keep your hairs soft.  Also take your time at first until you get into a good routine.  Going slow can help eliminate the irritation.  One thing I've learned over the years is that you don't have to use short quick strokes with a regular razor, such as the Mach 3, like they always tell you in directions.  I take a full stroke against the grain from front to back to start out with.  I may need to hit the spot towards the end again but it helps cut way down on irritation if you don't constantly stroke over the same spot.  Once again though, to be able to go a full stroke you need a good shave gel/cream like HeadSlick.   

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 12:11:29 AM »
Dale, congrats on goin' Sly!  Like the others said, it will get easier with time.  Just like learning how to ride a bike, swim, or any other new task.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.