Author Topic: TV Shows You're Hooked On  (Read 20267 times)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: TV Shows You're Hooked On
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »
I really like Downton Abbey, too. I also like Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Veep, Newsroom, and Episodes.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »
yeah, Walking Dead is my favorite.  I can't lie.  lol.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 04:30:47 PM »
We gave up our cable in Canada, but in the US I have ridiculous cable compliments of the family.  Settling work, moving, etc, I am a busy bee darting between the US and Canada.

(Has been a weird adjustment cos when in Canada, my Hulu and Netflix are limited by regional crapola).

90% of the time I have the TV on it is because I cannot work when it is quiet, and when I play music I risk getting distracted and dancing  >:D

So, usually I throw on YouTube or a show I've seen a million times on Netflix (usually Bones). 

For new viewing, I love Murdoch Mysteries (recently discovered thanks to the new TV_guy type hub) and Hot in Cleveland. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 04:46:39 PM »
yeah, Walking Dead is my favorite.  I can't lie.  lol.

I watched the first episode last night on Netflix.  It was gory, but good.

Offline djones

• Guero Pelon
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
 The coolest thing I saw on walking dead was when they were at the prison and they used the riot suits, they were legit Georgia department of corrections tactical squad suits..so I walked by and seen it and was like that's my eco suit..at the time I was a squad member..lol I get excited when I see stuff like that on TV..national geographic followed us for a year filming "hard time" and I watch it every time I catch it on to see if there are and tactical squad shots in the episode
Semper Paratus!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »
I love Walking Dead and SOA. Currently I'm in the process of getting hooked on Breaking Bad.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
I love Walking Dead and SOA. Currently I'm in the process of getting hooked on Breaking Bad.

We have the same tastes. I'm catching up on the current season of the Walking Dead and have watched all of Breaking Bad. As soon as I am done with WD, I'll get caught up on SOA. All great shows!!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »

We have the same tastes. I'm catching up on the current season of the Walking Dead and have watched all of Breaking Bad. As soon as I am done with WD, I'll get caught up on SOA. All great shows!!

Well, since I loved Breaking Bad, and never want the Walking Dead to end, I need to check out SOA next.  

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »

Well, since I loved Breaking Bad, and never want the Walking Dead to end, I need to check out SOA next.  

Everyone tells me I'd love Breaking Bad, but the premise sounds so depressing. I started to watch the first episode, but I didn't give it much of a chance. Maybe I should. As much as I love Walking Dead, these long mid season breaks make me lose interest. I haven't watched since it came back on, but I have them on my DVR. I'll probably binge watch when season is over.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »

Everyone tells me I'd love Breaking Bad, but the premise sounds so depressing. I started to watch the first episode, but I didn't give it much of a chance. Maybe I should. As much as I love Walking Dead, these long mid season breaks make me lose interest. I haven't watched since it came back on, but I have them on my DVR. I'll probably binge watch when season is over.

What is SOA?

I've recently become hooked on Mad Men.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 08:39:39 PM »

What is SOA?

I've recently become hooked on Mad Men.

Never mind - Sons of Anarchy.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 06:23:46 AM »

It takes a few episode to build the story but it is a great show IMO.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »

It takes a few episode to build the story but it is a great show IMO.

Agree.  I didn't think I would like it but it was great.  Boardwalk Empire is another good one.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »
As much as I love Walking Dead, these long mid season breaks make me lose interest. I haven't watched since it came back on, but I have them on my DVR. I'll probably binge watch when season is over.

There is something great about being able to "Binge watch" shows....lol.   That is how I started with
The Walking Dead, but I wouldn't be able to wait to watch it now.    But it sure makes watching one episode at a time and waiting for a week for the next one seem really hard.  ---man, I'm spoiled now. lol

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 06:06:32 PM »
As much as I love Walking Dead, these long mid season breaks make me lose interest. I haven't watched since it came back on, but I have them on my DVR. I'll probably binge watch when season is over.

There is something great about being able to "Binge watch" shows....lol.   That is how I started with
The Walking Dead, but I wouldn't be able to wait to watch it now.    But it sure makes watching one episode at a time and waiting for a week for the next one seem really hard.  ---man, I'm spoiled now. lol

I went through that with Breaking Bad and Mad Men.