Author Topic: Balding student  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Jacky

• Learning the way of Sly
Balding student
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
Hello there,

I have been worrying (Depressed!) about my hair for 2 years now. At the age of 20 I started noticing the thinning of my hair, now I am 23 and cannot take it anymore! :-\ On average i spent 1-2 hours per day looking in the mirror... I spent whole days on hairloss forums and it made me insane :/O. Since 2 months I started using an anti hairloss shampoo just to have some final hope... :/O So today I made an appointment with the barber for tomorrow to get a real short buzz (I know it is not sly bald, but I am getting there ;)) I also have a date tomorrow with a nice girl I met 2 weeks ago, that is the reason I wanted a haircut so bad, because my current hairstyle looks horrible (Combing over my half bald crown... and thin hair on top). I hope it looks better (has to be!) and that it gives me more confidence, because I have been feeling really down the last few months. Just wanted to share this with you all. I really Like the Forum!

PS: I am not a native English speaker, hope its not that bad ::)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:38:26 AM by Jacky »

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Balding student
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »
Welcome to the club, jacky. Your English is fine. Good luck with the haircut and the date.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 12:02:27 PM »
Welcome, Jacky! It's nice to see that you are determined to not let your hair loss dominate your life. A nice short buzz will be nice for now if you're not ready to go sly. Post a picture if/when you can and good luck with the haircut and the date!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:52:04 PM »
Welcome Jacky, such a positive outlook will be a great help. Good luck with the date, I'm sure you'll sweep her off her feet!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:19:29 PM »
Welkom! Jouw engels is goed, maar mij nederlands is roestig.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:49:45 PM »
Less hair = Less Angst

Shave the dome and move on.  Climate change and related problems can occupy your fret-zone for years to come.

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
G'Day Jacky mate  O0

Welcome to the Bastion Of Baldness.

Your English is fine mate :)

Enjoy your buzz cut!!

Offline Jacky

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 02:28:18 AM »
Hey here an update of last week!
Like i said i took a short buzz (well 9mm, not very short) last Friday. I like my new look and I m considering to buy a razor to save some money by avoiding the barber ;) Some people complimented me on my new look and the date (last Friday) was very successful! Got a 2ND date this week ::) Looking in the mirror is still a bit weird but I do not have to style my hair anymore which is great. I still need to get used to going bald (at the age of 23), but it is not as bad as half a year ago.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:44:04 AM by Jacky »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 04:54:49 AM »
Good job. Yes 9mm is not all that short. But it's a good starting point.

Give it the 30 day rule .... unless you decide you want to go shorter, sooner.

I worked through shorter and shorter over a few years myself. Just found after awhile, that my current 'short' just did not seem short enough and thought I'd try a closer buzz. Each step I liked it better and better. So when it came time to break out the razor, I was ready for it.

You are on the right track. Good to hear that you're getting good feedback on the buzz.  That's encouraging. Embrace your baldness.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:42 AM »
Short buzz will work fine.  I kept mine at short buzz at your age by desire rather than for thinning.

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 02:24:42 PM »
Welcome jacky
… like mrzed said… You are on the right track. I am sure next time you will try 6-4mm and on the way to bald
Go for it O0

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 07:20:20 PM »
Nice shine, Bud

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 02:19:31 PM »
Thanks mrzed 8)!

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
Like what mr zed & Bud already said; You are on the right track and on the right way to experiencing the freedom of not having to worry about your hair anymore. Next time you have a buzzed haircut, try about 6mm or 4mm. Allow people to see you as having real short hair - after that, it will not be too long before you want to go shorter & shorter & then the "ultimate haircut" - the full head shave will be your most amazing "haircut" experience, ever!

All the best & welcome to this great site.
BaldBill

Offline Jacky

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 02:02:45 AM »
Thanks for all the positive replies! I will keep informing you guys about my progress  ::)
I am glad I found this forum, really like all stories and the cool profile pictures! 8)