Author Topic: Razor vs Machine  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Smoothy

• Sly Jr.
Razor vs Machine
« on: April 23, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »
When I started out, I used razors. All was fine and dandy, despite the HORRIBLE razor burn I could never overcome, and even with my HeadBlade, I'd get nicked in multiple places.

I'm not found of boo-boos standing out, in your face, on my scalp... a nasty look.

I guess my skin is just EXTREMELY sensitive to most if not all methods.....

Then, some time ago, I made the best investment ever! I bought a Wahl shaving unit, and it's never let me down! It cost me a good $60, but I used it weekly, and the shave is skin-close.

Also, razor burn, and other skin irritations are now non-existent.

So, which do you prefer? Razor or machine?

Also, am I still considered sly if my head isn't skin-smooth and 100% hair free?

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
Re: Razor vs Machine
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »
I use double edge razors and that really helped me with the sensitive skin part.  I used to use cartridge on my face (before going bald) and the switch really improved my face shaves.  Now that I shave my head, I haven't even tried any other way.  It definitely has a bit of a learning curve, but once you master it, its' a great shave!

Also, sly is a way of life really.  I shave every other day, and I know some of the other guys here hardly shave twice a week.  Many of our sly members are buzzed or occasionally sly.  This is a sight about hair loss... genetic or intentional.  As long as you're in that boat, you'll find a great community here.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
I rock Headblade. I get razor burn around my ears (mostly in the sideburn area), I've decided to just live with it. I'm a daily shaver as my hair grows quickly and I'm not fond of the porcupine feeling).
If you shave on a regular basis, than yes you are sly.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Smoothy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
I couldn't cope with the itching and burning off razor burn. I had to listen to my skin shouting, "STOP IT!".

Good to know I'm still sly  ;)

In reference to the "porcupine" feeling.. I don't mind it...actually kind of like it, opposed to the abrupt sensation I'd get from just a touch of a warm hand to the scalp.

I still get the benefits of a nice outside breeze sensation, or that heavenly feeling of water sprinkling on my scalp during a shower. Not much off a loss for me.