Author Topic: Thinking about it  (Read 6382 times)

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
Re: Thinking about it
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »
@warhawk

thanks for the sharpologist link- that made research on this subject much easier for me with all the info on one site.  If it isn't stickied already I suggest doing so especially for shaving beginners such as myself.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Thinking about it
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »
I ordered a DE shaver today and I am looking forward to giving it a go.  Though, as a lady, I don't have a beard to practice on first....  :/   I got a plastic Wilkinson DE Razor, black color.  I don't have various blades to try yet but thinking about getting one of those combo packs with different brands in it to start me off.

The blade sampler pack is always a good place to start with, just try to give each blade a couple of tries before moving on to something else.
What are you doing for a shave brush and soap or cream?  The cream or soap is very important to getting a good DE shave.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
@warhawk

thanks for the sharpologist link- that made research on this subject much easier for me with all the info on one site.  If it isn't stickied already I suggest doing so especially for shaving beginners such as myself.

Glad that the link helped you out.  As most of the regulars here know, I have a passion for the traditional way of shaving.  You cannot beat a real shaving routine with a shaving brush, quality shave soap or cream, and a DE or SE razor.  If you have not tried it... it makes shaving more fun and relaxing.  Again... I do not want to offend any one who uses cartridge or disposable razors.  I am just expressing my love for the traditional ways.

If anyone wants to take the plunge feel free to PM me or post up in the SAFETY RAZOR section of the forum or check out the Sharpologist link.  We have several SBG members who enjoy the traditional ways.

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
@warhawk have you used any SE razors yet (other than the CC I mean!)?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 05:57:24 PM »
@warhawk have you used any SE razors yet (other than the CC I mean!)?

Hi Brian:  Good to hear from you my friend.  Thanks to you.  I will always use the CC and it will always be in my razor rotation. 

Now... the only SE razor (other than the CC) that I used is the Schick Injector.  As you know I have several SE razors that are begging for my attention that I have not used yet.  However... I am glad that you mentioned it because this will give me the "push" to use one this week.  I will post up with pics (of course).  I will use it for both face and dome also. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
Sometime next week. . . I am going to take one of my vintage SE razors for it's maiden voyage.  I'm going to go with the 1940s-50s Gem G-Bar.  I think it is the sexiest and coolest looking vintage SE razor in the planet. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
Sounds awesome!  Remember, pics or it didn't happen.

Enter your email address: