Author Topic: April Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 7153 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
April Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:15:49 AM »
Hey gang!

Sorry for the late start, like everyone else I've been busy with Easter stuff so didn't get time to kick this into gear yet, but here we are!

Some rules as always, you don't have to set insane goals, just as long as you are out there giving it a red hot go, that is all we ask! Anyways, lets get down to business shall we?

My goals for this month are going to be:

1) An injury free month!

2) 120kg (~265lbs) Deadlifts

3) 30kg (~65lbs)dumbbell flat bench

4) 50kg (~110lbs)Good mornings

5) 30kg (~65lbs)Barbell curl

Remember guys your goals don't have to be like mine, they can be as simple as going for a walk every night, or getting to the gym 3 nights a week.

I hope to see lots of people getting on board this month, and I look forward to seeing all your goals for the month!  O0

Offline sahil15

• Sly
Re: April Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »
Hey gang!

Sorry for the late start, like everyone else I've been busy with Easter stuff so didn't get time to kick this into gear yet, but here we are!

Some rules as always, you don't have to set insane goals, just as long as you are out there giving it a red hot go, that is all we ask! Anyways, lets get down to business shall we?

My goals for this month are going to be:

1) An injury free month!

2) 120kg (~265lbs) Deadlifts

3) 30kg (~65lbs)dumbbell flat bench

4) 50kg (~110lbs)Good mornings

5) 30kg (~65lbs)Barbell curl

Remember guys your goals don't have to be like mine, they can be as simple as going for a walk every night, or getting to the gym 3 nights a week.

I hope to see lots of people getting on board this month, and I look forward to seeing all your goals for the month!  O0

Man i could never pick up that much weight.... im some what jealous.. lol

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:51:59 AM »
Cheers mate! I've been training for almost 2 years now, but only seriously for about 16 months now I think. I've seen some mates surpass me already though that started training after me.

On a little side note, I got a personal best last night dead lifting with a 1 rep max of 150kgs (~330lbs). I never thought I could lift that heavy, and with such good form to boot. My mate took a video of it on his phone, so when I get my hands on it I can share if it is something people might be interested in.

In the mean time, I'd love to see some more people getting involved, it's a great way to get motivated, and we can all band together and help each other push through to achieve our goals  O0

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 04:05:26 AM »
I think I need some set targets to hit this month, the past few I've just been about "eat less, move more" and being honest I've not done as well as I could / should!!

Maybe ambitious I know but I'm going for a 14lbs weight loss this month, if not, as pretty damn close as I can manage.

3 and a half months till the wedding........

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 05:31:19 AM »
SOunds like a fair challenge man. Hopefully you can really rein that diet in mate! If you can do that you'll definitely hit your goal, as long as you are training hard too. I think, with a near perfect diet I was able to lose 5kgs (~11lbs) a month quite consistantly, I was doing 1.5 hours of cardio 1 night, then weights the next, and alternating 6 nights a week. I was coming home soaked through on cardio nights from sweat.

Offline sahil15

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
On a little side note, I got a personal best last night dead lifting with a 1 rep max of 150kgs (~330lbs). I never thought I could lift that heavy, and with such good form to boot. My mate took a video of it on his phone, so when I get my hands on it I can share if it is something people might be interested in.

In the mean time, I'd love to see some more people getting involved, it's a great way to get motivated, and we can all band together and help each other push through to achieve our goals  O0

150 Kgs... damn beardman... thats insane. well done... I stay away from dead lifts because I can never get the movement right even though dead lift is probably the best exercise for the back..... yea post the video up when you can....

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
Hey Beardman, I'm in!  Started in the gym back in mid-February.  I try to go at least three times a week.  My goal, just to add a little bulk and strenght.  I sat behind a desk for twenty plus years.  I had gotten that pear shape.  Not good.   So far, I have lost 4% body fat.  I really don't know how far I'm going with this, but any gain can only be for the better.  Besides, I've met a lot of new people and for some odd reason, I really enjoy the abuse. Ha. 
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 01:03:41 AM »
@Sahil, hopefully I have can get it tonight, my mate hasn't sent ti to me yet, so I"ll steal his phone and bluetooth it.

@Papa, that's awesome mate, 4% is nothing to scoff at! Keep up the good work :D Also, I couldn't agree with you more, there is something about beating yourself up at the gym that is just so rewarding!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 11:36:42 PM »
So... I totally didn't even realise it was May already... That pretty much somes up my month of April...

I've honestly had a terrible month fitness wise haha, I've honestly missed every Wednesday for 3 weeks. SO that's no legs for almost a month...

Only goals I hit were injury free HUZZAH! and I'm doing 35kg (~77lbs) Barbell curls! Which is awesome!

HOpefully, hopefully next May will be a much better month!

I hope everyone had a much better month then I did!

Enter your email address: