Author Topic: Spots, discloration, just not right  (Read 7559 times)

Offline LowCut D

• Learning the way of Sly
Spots, discloration, just not right
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »
Need some real help and advice. I have been shaving head for about a 2 years. I did the whole cream thing, but found that shaving was easier for me. Over the past 3 months my scalp has been getting pretty bad. I use a new quality razor every time and do the ice thing after with aloe I shave the head once every 5-6 days. It never feels irritated, so Im surprised when I go to check my head.

It is mostly alot of red spots on the top of the head and there is some discoloration.  :-[

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Spots, discloration, just not right
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »
I'm not sure what is causing this but I think there will be someone on this great forum who will be able to help you.  It may possibly go away given time. I have been shaving for over 8 years and have not encountered your problem  Good luck.
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 03:44:00 AM »
Welcome, LowCutD!....When I saw the top of your head, I thought I had found my twin ;D. All kidding aside, I think it just might be a pigmentation issue. Are you bald by choice or were you balding before shaving? I think your head looks great, just remember, no head is perfect, but some of the things we find on our heads make it unique. If this is a big issue for you, I would go see a dermatologist and get some bleaching cream. Over the counter Hydrocortisone may also help clear it up. One more thing. Stay away from the creams (depilatories)....a waste of money and just smells nasty. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Spots, discloration, just not right
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 08:04:03 AM »
Use of a good sunblock daily may be in order. Your head looks like my face freckles which appear much more vividly when I get increased sun exposure.
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline LowCut D

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »
Welcome, LowCutD!....When I saw the top of your head, I thought I had found my twin ;D. All kidding aside, I think it just might be a pigmentation issue. Are you bald by choice or were you balding before shaving? I think your head looks great, just remember, no head is perfect, but some of the things we find on our heads make it unique. If this is a big issue for you, I would go see a dermatologist and get some bleaching cream. Over the counter Hydrocortisone may also help clear it up. One more thing. Stay away from the creams (depilatories)....a waste of money and just smells nasty. Good luck!

The Bald Gods touched me, so this is not by choice. I started cleaning the roof off as I didn’t like the balding areas on my head overpowering the hair that I had left. I know no head is perfect, but I’ve seen some damn near close ones.
My head is not exposed to sun so I don’t think it is that. I read on the some older threads that the apricot scrub could be causing irritation. I use it like every time I shower.

Im glad I found this site…. Been luring for a while.   

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:47 PM »
LowCut D, what type of shaving cream do you use?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline LowCut D

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »
LowCut D, what type of shaving cream do you use?

GilletteSeries Senstive Skin shave foam
http://www.gillette.com/en/us/products/shave-gel-and-foam/series-shave-gel-and-foam/sensitive-skin-shave-foam.aspx

However, I just changed to Nivea this this week: Nivea sensitive shaving foam

http://www.nivea.in/products/mens-care/sensitive/sensitive-shaving-foam

Offline Knoggin

• Sly Gun
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 06:10:39 PM »
I am surprised to hear you dont get alot of sun on the Dome. I was with Gutsy....figured they were sun spots. I spend most of my days outdoors and have a very freckled head, but as the spring and summer progress my skin becomes so dark its not and issue. Later you guys will mistake me for SirHarry LOL.

Offline Knoggin

• Sly Gun
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Ok maybe not as good looking as SirHarry but as Dark   ;)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »
Ok maybe not as good looking as SirHarry but as Dark   ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself, man...Thanks for the compliment, though....Be careful out there in the sun, brother!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.