Author Topic: What's your hat of choice?  (Read 34879 times)

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
Re: What's your hat of choice?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 04:25:17 PM »
I've got a couple beanies, and skull caps for winter.  Usually unless I'm going to be outside a while I don't bother.  The attached pics show my favorite hats though.

Offline robert

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Running in the Halls
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 11:27:56 PM »
Lakers ballcap or beanie.  Only time I wear the ballcap anymore though is when I'm AT A KINGS GAME TYLER.

;)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 12:10:03 PM »
It depends on what I'm doing. I have a mess of ball caps all over the house. Whenever I'm not at work, I'll usually be wearing one of those. If the wife and I are going out, I'll wear one of my black felt cowboy hats. I've got one that's been through a lotta hell, got married in that one too. Then I've got one that my dad gave me. It's a $475 hat, I don't wear it very often though.

When I was still riding bulls I had one straw hat I wore to ride in. Needless to say, it's pretty beat up.

I don't have any skull caps yet. I have an old Harley stocking cap I used to wear when I was a professional shade tree mechanic. It can get pretty damn cold in the desert sometimes.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 08:53:26 PM »
Lakers ballcap or beanie.  Only time I wear the ballcap anymore though is when I'm AT A KINGS GAME TYLER.

;)

LOL!  So you're the one...LOL  ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 08:46:07 AM »
Any one of my UT hats.   Favorite would be my national champs hat.

Also, my NL champion houston astros hat is also one I like.      I still have all my youth baseball team hats(using the real MLB logos/colors)

On a side note, I have a hat with tiger woods autograph on it.    And this was an autograph I got myself, not one i'd consider buying in a collectible store.
bald for life

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 08:50:09 AM »
I've got a couple beanies, and skull caps for winter.  Usually unless I'm going to be outside a while I don't bother.  The attached pics show my favorite hats though.

I'm sorry medic, but were you constipated when those pictures were taken?!!  ;-)
(kiddin'!!)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 09:36:46 AM »
I'm sorry medic, but were you constipated when those pictures were taken?!!  ;-)
(kiddin'!!)

LOL!!  I always love Medic's pics.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 09:43:11 AM »
...hat with tiger woods autograph on it....not one i'd consider buying in a collectible store.

If you were strapped for cash you could certainly consider _SELLING_ it at a collectible store. :)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
have two great caps that I love ... one is from Augusta National and the other is from the Royal and Ancient at St. Andrews.  Both make people think I am an excellent golfer .... Illuisions can be deceiving!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

bmwgsa

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41:41 PM »
When I went to the mall this weekend, I stopped by the Lids store and they were having a "But one get second half off sale", so I picked up a couple of Kangol 504's.

I like 'em.....  Keeps the bean nice and warm.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
...hat with tiger woods autograph on it....not one i'd consider buying in a collectible store.

If you were strapped for cash you could certainly consider _SELLING_ it at a collectible store. :)

True, but it has a whole bunch of golfers autographs on it.   It was when the tour championship came to houston.   

I'm just saying this was an autograph I actually physically got, not one that I bought at a memorabilia shop.
bald for life

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »

(kiddin'!!)

That's why you can only see my upper body!

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 09:02:09 PM »
My favorite hat is the "Stroker", also known as a Greek Fisherman's Hat, and People's Cap. The Stroker has it's roots with Motorcycle Riders. Stroker refers to a Biker's tendency to push the hat back and smooth it against the head. People's Cap refers to the Working Class Heroes of our time like John Lennon, Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan and Pete Seger. This hat, I believe, has been worn by more people on this planet than any other style, including the Baseball Cap!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 03:00:29 AM »

(kiddin'!!)

That's why you can only see my upper body!

oooh, the visual is killing me!!  :P
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington