Author Topic: Sly at 20 and never going back (with pics!)  (Read 10776 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Sly at 20 and never going back (with pics!)
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the update Nathan, I can understand why "Sally" didn't lose interest in you... you truely are rocking the sly look! As Markus said, your story is and will be a true inspiration to the fence sitters out there! Well one  O0

Andrei

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 04:00:58 AM »
Nathan, nice pictures, the bald look is a keeper!

Offline nathan06

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 05:35:49 AM »
thanks for the positive response guys! It's nice to hear that this story has given some younger balding guys something to identify with because psychologically, losing your hair in your teens is a big issue that few people can understand. It's incredibly embarrassing to talk about and I don't think I ever spoke about my hair loss to anyone before posting on this forum.

There comes a point where so much hair is falling out or you realise the effort you're putting in to covering your hair loss and making sure nobody notices it. All the worrying, time and effort just isn't worth it considering you're going to end up bald at some point anyway. Why not just make a statement, take control and embrace it now? You might worry about it affecting personal relationships, but it won't make a difference in the relationships worth having.

Markus I'm really glad you're able to talk about your situation, thanks for your post man.  Personally I think you look pretty good with the hair you have and there is no reason you won't look great bald, however this isn't all about looks. Losing your hair seems to be denting your confidence and self-esteem which is much more important than how you think you look. Accepting you're losing your hair at a young age is a big step so congratulations. I suggest taking the next step and buzz/shave it off. I know it seems like a really big deal and you're worried about the effect it will have on your social/love life but I've found that things have actually improved since shaving my head, there's no reason that can't happen for you! And on the off chance that you don't like it, it probably wouldn't take very long to grow your hair back, although i'm almost certain you wouldn't want to. Keep us updated on how you're doing man and good luck!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:46 PM »
Bravo  !B@

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:15 AM »
Excellent post. It's so good to see another brother freed from this terrible hairy curse.

Ressentez la liberté LA CALVITIE.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »
nathan06  O0 looking good man  O0 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
Nathan, great story! Markus, you look good bIoth ways -I will be honest & say I like the 'hair' one better! But it's YOUR choice..

Accepted

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »
Nicely done Mr. Bond! A 180 degree flip from that combover you used to have :P. Looks great!