Author Topic: MMA  (Read 5355 times)

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
MMA
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »
Anyone in here that watches MMA?
Not just UFC of course... ;)

Anyways, I thought I'd open a MMA thread to talk about interesting upcoming events, fighters and what not.

Everyone following the sport knows about GSP vs Condit for sure.
What are your thoughts?
Will ring rust and the injury affect George?
Is he going to win, by decision again or finally a finish after "feeling the butterflies" again?

What about Condit?
Will he fight GSP trying to finish him like in most of his fights or follow a similar approach to his stick and move strategy against Diaz?

I have George taking it by exciting 5 round decision...

Rob

PS: If you're not a MMA fan just ignore the post or comment whatever opinion you have about it (why you dislike the sport for example). ;)

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
Re: MMA
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 06:29:08 AM »
Only 1 time sleeping away from UFC 154!  >:D
Primetime
episode1:

episode2:

Weight ins:

Rob

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 10:22:08 AM »
Only 1 time sleeping away from UFC 154!  >:D
Primetime
episode1:

episode2:

Weight ins:

Rob
episode3:
;)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 12:27:50 PM »
I don't know if I'm checking in late on this or not. Since I don't do pay-per-view I don't really keep track of the dates of these fights.
But if I'm on time I'm going to pick GSP by tap-out in the 3rd. GSP is a much more mobile fighter than Nick Diaz, much faster on his feet and his takedowns are much more forceful. I'm thinking that he'll feel out Condit in the first, bang on him in the 2nd, and a couple of takedowns and either a rear naked choke or an arm bar in the 3rd.
I think that Diaz actually beat Condit but he spent too much time trading with him and gave away his clearly superior ground game and that cost him the fight. I think that Diaz has possibly the best BJJ in that weight class and if he would have used it he would have done Condit in early. I would have paid to see a GSP/Diaz fight. That would be a classic.
GSP might have some ring rust on him, I don't think the injury is going to be an issue. He has done a monster rehab and the ACL is totally fixable with today's medical technology. That man has the true heart of a warrior, I think the ring rust (if any) will dissipate quick and he'll get it done. He is by far the classiest fighter going.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »
I'm more of a kick boxing fan myself but I don't really follow it too closely. I guess I could be described as a casual observer.
Hair is over rated.

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »
I'm more of a kick boxing fan myself but I don't really follow it too closely. I guess I could be described as a casual observer.
Do you know Tyrone Spong?
I'm sure you do.

He made his MMA debut recently, very interesting outcome and I'm looking forward to his next fight for sure!
Google it if you haven't watched yet! ;)

Rob

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »
I don't know if I'm checking in late on this or not. Since I don't do pay-per-view I don't really keep track of the dates of these fights.
But if I'm on time I'm going to pick GSP by tap-out in the 3rd. GSP is a much more mobile fighter than Nick Diaz, much faster on his feet and his takedowns are much more forceful. I'm thinking that he'll feel out Condit in the first, bang on him in the 2nd, and a couple of takedowns and either a rear naked choke or an arm bar in the 3rd.
I think that Diaz actually beat Condit but he spent too much time trading with him and gave away his clearly superior ground game and that cost him the fight. I think that Diaz has possibly the best BJJ in that weight class and if he would have used it he would have done Condit in early. I would have paid to see a GSP/Diaz fight. That would be a classic.
GSP might have some ring rust on him, I don't think the injury is going to be an issue. He has done a monster rehab and the ACL is totally fixable with today's medical technology. That man has the true heart of a warrior, I think the ring rust (if any) will dissipate quick and he'll get it done. He is by far the classiest fighter going.
Good post!

GSP is my favorite active fighter next to Anderson Silva.
Both those guys always bring it with GSP being the overall classiest (and honest) fighter as you wrote, I agree!

I would love to see a finish but I expect an unanimous decision win for him.
But it's MMA so upsets can happen easily! :D

Rob

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 11:28:06 PM »
Simply one of the best overall fight cards in some time!

I won't give away spoilers yet, but even if you focused only on the main and co-main it was well worth paying the 20$ for it!
But I buy almost every event anyways to support the sport, it's much cheaper for non-US residents online though! :D

Rob

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »
Do you know Tyrone Spong?
I'm sure you do.

He made his MMA debut recently, very interesting outcome and I'm looking forward to his next fight for sure!
Google it if you haven't watched yet! ;)

Rob

Done. Good fight.
I'm also a Buakaw fan. He's a national champ in Thailand.

Hair is over rated.

Offline MR.Bane

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »
Does anyone here watch The Ultimate Fighter? This season might be the best one yet, in my opinion.