Author Topic: Damn You HeadBlade!!!  (Read 8780 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Damn You HeadBlade!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:55 AM »
I got some triple-blade "generic" Sensor blades and pulled out the HB again this morning.  I went very slow and was very deliberate about not putting any pressure on the blade.  The good news is that I did'nt end up with any blood in the sink.  The bad news is that I couldn't seem to get a very close shave.  I pulled out the Schick Quattro disposable I have been using to finish the job and get rid of the stubble that was left behind.

Not sure if I'll continue trying it.  I guess if I'm happy with the results I've been getting with the other razor, I'm not going to spend too much time worrying about whether I'm using the HB or not.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tom.Net

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 08:25:30 AM »
I got some triple-blade "generic" Sensor blades and pulled out the HB again this morning.  I went very slow and was very deliberate about not putting any pressure on the blade.  The good news is that I did'nt end up with any blood in the sink.  The bad news is that I couldn't seem to get a very close shave.  I pulled out the Schick Quattro disposable I have been using to finish the job and get rid of the stubble that was left behind.

Not sure if I'll continue trying it.  I guess if I'm happy with the results I've been getting with the other razor, I'm not going to spend too much time worrying about whether I'm using the HB or not.

The generic Sensor triples just don't work with the HB. The only combination that I've gotten to work is the HB Sport with Sensor 3 blades. I shave every day and get a week's worth of shaves from each blade.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »
To Andre's point, this isn't the official HeadBlade website. No one's going to fit you with a pair of cement shoes if you ditch it.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
To Andre's point, this isn't the official HeadBlade website. No one's going to fit you with a pair of cement shoes if you ditch it.

Yeah... what he said... just becareful walking around at night... ;)

jusbnme

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 05:40:46 PM »

Yeah... what he said... just becareful walking around at night... ;)

I knew it!!!    ;D

Offline Lullaby

• "I'm sorry sir, I'm going to have to break your legs" - Bas Rutten
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 08:48:12 PM »
I've tried using the HB many times. I have no idea how you cut yourself with it, It wouldn't even shave mine off. I even tried to cut myself with it but to no avail. Mach 3 works great for me so far.

jusbnme

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 06:04:20 AM »
I've tried using the HB many times. I have no idea how you cut yourself with it, It wouldn't even shave mine off. I even tried to cut myself with it but to no avail. Mach 3 works great for me so far.

If you've went out of your way to try and cut yourself with it and didn't then you must be one lucky person. 

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 06:16:19 AM »

I think you are the only one

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 08:41:26 AM »

Did you have the blade on it backwards?

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 10:15:12 AM »
Are you using double blades or trips?  I find that with Trips you are less likely to cut yourself.  Consider them training wheels until you can move up the doubles... ;D

I was using generic double atras.  Maybe if I ever give it another shot I'll try the trips.  But I don't know if I ever want to get that monster out of the closet again.   ;D ;D

I have never had a good shave using Atras in a HeadBlade.  While waiting for my triple blades to come in, I tried a cartridge from my stash of Atras, and it was really rough on my scalp despite my best attempts to go gently.  My skin was stinging.  My triple blades came in later that day (and it looks like they've been updated from the green strip versions I had previously), and the next day's shave was smooth and easy.  I just don't have any luck with less than three blades.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 10:43:49 AM »

Did you have the blade on it backwards?

I was thinking the same thing. I can cut myself without really trying.

Offline tazdog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »
Lance;
   thats why i switched to using an electric...........got tried of cutting my head with the HB.haven't used it in months and don't think i will.
   hope you find something that works.

jusbnme

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 01:02:58 PM »
Lance;
   thats why i switched to using an electric...........got tried of cutting my head with the HB.haven't used it in months and don't think i will.

I'm on the hunt for a good electric right now and will let you and the other guys know the results after giving it a try.  O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2007, 01:19:20 PM »
Lance;

I'm on the hunt for a good electric right now and will let you and the other guys know the results after giving it a try.  O0

Aww, man, but is there really any electric that could get you nice and SLICK...seems like you could only get semi smooth..

gotta get the totally smooth feel at least for the first 4-5 hrs  after the shave...that's what it's all about, right? ;)

jusbnme

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »
Lance;

Aww, man, but is there really any electric that could get you nice and SLICK...seems like you could only get semi smooth..

gotta get the totally smooth feel at least for the first 4-5 hrs  after the shave...that's what it's all about, right? ;)

Yeah, that's true and it was what I was thinking.  But I'm not familiar at all with electrics and I didn't know if there may be a certain brand out there that could maybe get sort of as close as a razor?  That would be a whole lot of money savings.  But you're probably right about the regular razor...I doubt an electric could ever get as close.