Author Topic: Shampoo?  (Read 15646 times)

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
Re: Shampoo?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 07:38:50 AM »
My wife put her foot down about using her products. (She didn't know; I was stupid enough to tell her! What a dope)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
OOPS!!!   I hope you erased all those wife-bashing threads you created last week, Raulski!     

lol- just kidding, "Mrs. C".

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
And what does your wife think of you using her expensive shampoo on your bald, shiny dome? ;)

Lol..... Busted :p
Lynchy

Offline MrsCostanza

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »
OOPS!!!   I hope you erased all those wife-bashing threads you created last week, Raulski!     

lol- just kidding, "Mrs. C".

Lol... I knew I should have joined straight away!

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »
I use Headblade Headwash daily in shower - use Headscrub every other day before washing. Then I shave in shower. The Headwash is clean and not heavy. Great look man- how do you get it so smooth?

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »
Nice shiny noggin Raulski!

I use anything. I use headblade head wash but when I skip a couple days of shaving i will use shampoo. But bar soap or facial cleaner works well too. I will also use a regular body wash too that has a nice scent.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
I'm a soap & water kinda guy. However, every once in a while, I take to shampooing & even conditioning my shiny head. I'm lead to believe hair products are good for the scalp as well, so this makes sense, right?
What are your thoughts?

I don't believe they are good for the scalp at all. I heard a dermatologist on the radio who said that generally the only thing that should be used on the skin [which includes the scalp] is warm water and not too hot at that. No soap or lotions or shampoo or moisturiser at all. To back this idea up I once knew a lady who only ever used water on her body and hair -- nothing else. And she looked good. She said that she was a bit greasy for a few months but eventually a natural balance was reached.

If you don't strip off the oils then you don't have to replace them with moisturisers. Makes sense and is much cheaper too.

Offline MrsCostanza

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »
I'm a soap & water kinda guy. However, every once in a while, I take to shampooing & even conditioning my shiny head. I'm lead to believe hair products are good for the scalp as well, so this makes sense, right?
What are your thoughts?
To back this idea up I once knew a lady who only ever used water on her body and hair -- nothing else. And she looked good. She said that she was a bit greasy for a few months but eventually a natural balance was reached.

If you don't strip off the oils then you don't have to replace them with moisturisers. Makes sense and is much cheaper too.

I've heard this too, and I really want to give it a go, but I'm just not sure I could do the greasy few months. But I've heard it is amazing if you can get there...

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 06:07:15 AM »
Oh dear god! I have a most embarrassing admission to make. I had no idea who Mrs Costanza was(!!)
& I was reading her posts & related posts thinking "I've got no idea what you're on about, dude"....

Offline MrsCostanza

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 06:11:06 AM »
But you're not the brightest crayon in the box, my love... :)

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »
I use Noxema on my face and scalp everyday. I  use St.Ive's, after Noxema, every other day as that's when I shave.

Enter your email address: