Author Topic: Trying out a new lens  (Read 5505 times)

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
Re: Trying out a new lens
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
Geeman I fully understood  :*))  Many people out there fall into the megapixel myth, and purchase their camera's according to how many megapixel's that camera has.  Also I am one to use lenses meant for other camera makes.  My Sigma lens has a Sony A mount that is made for the Konica Minolta Maxxum Auto Focus SLR or the Digital camera's.  I saved over $700.00 on my Sigma 170-500mm lens purchase by doing it this way.  I then purchased an adapter that has a aperture ring on it, so I can set the aperture in the lens for what I want it to do.

Now the benefit to owning this lens, is that I can now purchase one of the new Sony A77 or A99 DSLR camera's such as the or Konica Minolta DSLR or Minolta Maxxum AF SLR camera without using the adapter with aperture ring, as that would then be controlled in the camera body   O0

If you do this for your camera needs, you can save lots of money on lens purchases.  You just need to make sure your adapter is like mine Sony A to Canon EOS..  so I hope this helps  O0 O0

Enter your email address: