Poll

Are you bald by choice or have male pattern baldness?

Bald by choice.
26 (38.8%)
Male pattern baldness. Full baldness or starting to thin.
41 (61.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Poll - MPB or BBC  (Read 13587 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: Poll - MPB or BBC
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »

I don't get it? Those pics on the site have guys rockin the horseshoe like it is cool??
 :-\

Brother, I hear ya!!!!

With that said, think how cool, especially since you've voiced the hatred of the horseshoe shadow...how cool it would be with no shadow..

you look like a pretty big tough guy I say, you can be our champion we send in to try the "tweeze"!! ;)

Just kiddin' my bald bro........but maybe?!?!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »

I don't get it? Those pics on the site have guys rockin the horseshoe like it is cool??

Brother, I hear ya!!!!

With that said, think how cool, especially since you've voiced the hatred of the horseshoe shadow...how cool it would be with no shadow..

you look like a pretty big tough guy I say, you can be our champion we send in to try the "tweeze"!! ;)

You supply the brew-hahas and its a deal buddy!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »

Brother, I hear ya!!!!

You supply the brew-hahas and its a deal buddy!

The horsehoe is history...the keg's (two maybe) have been ordered...consider it a done deal! O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 06:30:02 PM »
QUESTION:  Can anyone think of a single example of a guy who looks better with the horseshoe than completely sly?  I suppose there must be a one or two somewhere, since there is an exception to every rule, but I sure can't think of any.

I know how tough it can be to let go of the remaining strands on top, but if you're down to just the fringe and a slick bald top, I don't understand the desire to hold onto the horseshoe.   It serves no purpose.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 08:41:44 AM »
I know how tough it can be to let go of the remaining strands on top, but if you're down to just the fringe and a slick bald top, I don't understand the desire to hold onto the horseshoe.   It serves no purpose.

What's worse is when you hear a wife or girlfriends WANTING a guy to give up the SLY look for the MPB horseshoe look...I've heard about it from some dudes (older) that I know...

I will NEVER understand that! :/O

Slickdome

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 10:59:47 PM »

...think how cool it would be with no shadow...

...you can be our champion we send in to try the "tweeze"!! ;)   maybe?!?!

Yo Andre, I'm ready to become shadow-free and Bald BEYOND Choice...!  Sign me up!  I'll boldly (or is that baldly?) go where no SBG has gone before...    O0

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 08:12:16 AM »
I don't know what the big deal is with the horseshoe look.... O:O

BALDANDRE

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 08:43:15 AM »
Yo Andre, I'm ready to become shadow-free and Bald BEYOND Choice...!  Sign me up!  I'll boldly (or is that baldly?) go where no SBG has gone before...    O0

Hey Slick let me know where I need to send your kegs to! Seriously I would consider it too, would love to have absolutely no shadow and look 100% bald ..sign me up too...wait , I'm the one offering the kegs...aw maybe we'll just get a party crew together and do the deed! >:D

P.S. glad you're stickin' with the "Mr. Clean" all around look for the summer...just takes a while to make it feel 'right'...looks good dude! O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2007, 09:08:23 AM »
I have been slowly going bald since my 30's.  First the front got thin.  While the front is not totally gone, the lower part is.  Now I have thinning hair where I can see that the horseshoe area is much thicker than the areas that are thinning.  As for the Seinfeld episode with the dude who discovered he was thinning after he grew his hair back, I can relate to that.  After I started shaving my head, I had grown it back and a co-worker made a point to let me know that the back of my head was getting see-through.  I wasn't distressed, but it did cement my decision to have "sly" as my primary look.  So put me down as MPB!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2007, 09:11:51 AM »
Hey guys,

MPB here too, I would have to say I fall into the goose egg in back and islet in the front category, lol.

I just went to the barber this morning, told her to buzz me down to #1 all around and blend the sides with a #0a , I believe it was. Man! what a difference!! I love it.
Now I can really see my noggin shape. It looks good! I am going to be sly before the end of July. I am concerned about the white head part where I have not gotten any sun. I can see the line where it breaks from tan to white. Going to have to get some sun on it and gradually it should blend in.

Also, on the horseshoe thing, I agree I just don't get how they can leave that hair there, it is doing nothing but looking bad.

I worked with an older guy and he had a gray horseshoe and when he would go get his "haircut" he would leave it. I asked him once why he doesn't just buzz it down, shave it off, and his answer was, get this " no , no way , you think I want to be bald , that's ridiculous looking".
I just wanted to say , no that horshoe of hair that rings your scalp is what is ridiculous looking. I chalk it up to the fact that some guys cannot let go of the hair thing. I see it everyday on my commute to work , the horrible combovers, just holding on to these long wisps. They must think it looks good somehow.
Anyway, I am not going there, the best thing to do is go with Mother Nature. Buzz it down and shave it off. I feel liberated with a #1 buzz, I can only imagine how a clean shave must be.

"Sly before the end of July"

NY

Offline RichardN.

• Sly
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 09:14:56 AM »
Hey Danyroo, you look like a completely different person than your picture from last summer.