Author Topic: Any negative comments  (Read 8288 times)

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
Re: Any negative comments
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »
I think the weirdest comment was when a coworker finally noticed I was bald. I've been this way for about a year.

haha, the guy must be very attentive  ;)

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 04:27:45 AM »
I've been bald for 10 years & last month my dad asked me if I'd had a haircut (!!)
I'd lost a little weight & he couldn't figure out what was different about me..

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
My mother doesn't like it but she'll come around one day. All my friends and co-workers either loved it or were indifferent. All good!

Offline beardedbaldgerman

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
I think I faced similar reactions as most of you. My mom did not like it all (and I only showed her the version with stubbles), my father was indifferent. And my bf is still getting used to it. No (negative) reactions at work and from friends so far.

Offline sahil15

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
I see that for most of you guys its your mothers that seem to mind.. in my case its quite the opposite... my mother always prefered a buzz cut on me.... when i started balding she was the most supportive person in the world.....although recently for some reason she said..."you would look more handsome if you had hair"..... she didn't mean it in a negative but for some reason her comment really pissed me off... lol. but i still love my mum....

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
My close friends have said that they prefer me with hair (what little of it remains when I forget to shave at least).  It's okay for me though, as I'm glad that they feel comfortable enough me to express their true opinions.  In the end, the choice is mine--ours!  ;)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »
slane, that's also the way your friends think of you (with hair). They'll adapt rather quickly and forget even what hair looked like.

Just wait them out.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 08:28:05 PM »
To date (almost 2 months now) I have not received one negative comment, although I've had many positive remarks.
I do believe it is easy for folks with positive comments to express themselves and maybe those who would be negative are smart enough or polite enough to keep their opinions to themselves.