Author Topic: Super Bowl XLVII  (Read 9835 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Super Bowl XLVII
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 06:29:41 AM »
I will not gloat..... I will not gloat.....I will not gloat.  :)

Great game if you are a real football fan.

Flacco was great again. Maybe now the media will realize that he's better than Matt Ryan.
He is now the only QB in NFL history to throw for over 1000 yds and at least 10 touchdowns (11) without an interception in a single post season

Raven ROCK!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 06:55:20 AM »
Hmmm. I'm not a "real" football fan even though for business purposes I have season tickets for both the Cowboys and Chiefs. I do not care if a bowl game was played in the nude, in a hurricane or by mistake. I do not care if whoever played won, lost or dropped dead. That I will have to hear about this all day from associates who will be hungover, gloating, not gloating or as dis-interested as am I  is also beyond the pale. Apart from what Americans have been gulled into believing, the NFL has nothing to do with governmental policy and this super bowl business is just that, a business not a city, county, state or Federal holiday as many seem to believe. I hope those of you to whom this was of surpassing importance enjoyed it and, since you've seen fit to share your enthusiasm here, I feel equally free to share my complete and utter lack of interest. Gentlemen, I'll see you in front of the mirror where I'm trying to learn how to trim a 'stache with the scissors from a Swiss Army Knife. Now that's important.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 07:29:55 AM »
News reports this morning say that there are still a few die hards celebrating in the French Quarter--a Purple Dawn! ;D

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 07:49:54 AM »
Hmmm. I'm not a "real" football fan even though for business purposes I have season tickets for both the Cowboys and Chiefs. I do not care if a bowl game was played in the nude, in a hurricane or by mistake. I do not care if whoever played won, lost or dropped dead. That I will have to hear about this all day from associates who will be hungover, gloating, not gloating or as dis-interested as am I  is also beyond the pale. Apart from what Americans have been gulled into believing, the NFL has nothing to do with governmental policy and this super bowl business is just that, a business not a city, county, state or Federal holiday as many seem to believe. I hope those of you to whom this was of surpassing importance enjoyed it and, since you've seen fit to share your enthusiasm here, I feel equally free to share my complete and utter lack of interest. Gentlemen, I'll see you in front of the mirror where I'm trying to learn how to trim a 'stache with the scissors from a Swiss Army Knife. Now that's important.

Sounds like you had money on the 49ers, Blitzed!  ;D
The nice thing about our country is that you don't have to listen to people talk about the game. Also, one of the nice things about the SBG forum is that you are not obligated to respond to every post on the board. There are many threads that hold zero interest to me, and many other members. For such topics, I ignore them.

If you don't care about this topic, don't rain on the parade of those that do.

Schro
SBG Moderator
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:54:29 AM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 07:57:08 AM »
+1... O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 08:02:55 AM »

Well then this is a thread that you could have easily just passed by.  :)
I'm a fan but your description of American interest in the game and governmental policy, etc. is nonsense. I don't know one fan that believes this.

Why sully this thread with drivel like this? Let those that enjoy the game comment on it. You can always start your own thread speaking to why you do not like football or the game.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 08:20:16 AM »
Why sully this thread with drivel like this? Let those that enjoy the game comment on it. You can always start your own thread speaking to why you do not like football or the game.
Precisely! 

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »
Precisely! 

No one is forced to watch football or the Super Bowl...and no one is forced to post on every thread.  To jump in and, in Lyndon Johnson's words "piss on (our) rug" is boorish at best.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:40 AM »
What an exciting game to watch, even with the power outage. Both teams played pretty well I think. Unusual that both coaches are brothers. This was the most exciting Superbowl game that I have ever watched. I was not real impressed with the half time show.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 11:43:35 AM »
I thought it was a good game !  The food was also great and the Bud Light !  And we are off to another year.  O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 12:49:51 PM »
I was not real impressed with the half time show.

Neither was I.  Too bad that isn't when the power outage occurred.   >:D

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 01:14:50 PM »
Thank You, Gentlemen for your cursory reminder that this is finally the land of the lack of freedom of speech. Unless I mis-read, this was a thread about the recently played super bowl and football. Ever hear of trash talk? I responded within the spirit and parameters of the thread. As I repsonded privately to "Schro" since I wrote that I've had to cancel two conference calls due to shouting and yelling about the "game", one person called in reporting they had alcohol poisoning and another who "hung together" to use American Idiomatic speech haven't appreared at all. I want those who have an interest to enjoy it, do whatever they want in celebration but, gentlemen, I also want you to understand not every opinion is universal. If you do not want an answer such as mine then indicate that only positive, inane posts will be accepted. Go out and support your teams, I certainly do mine (Go Trojans, Fight On) but to cloture me with petty comments because you feel I've "sullied" your football and by inference your site is beneath consideration.

P. S. As to wagering on any team sports, I wouldn't pay a dime to see an ant eat a bale of hay. PJ

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »
Thank You, Gentlemen for your cursory reminder that this is finally the land of the lack of freedom of speech. Unless I mis-read, this was a thread about the recently played super bowl and football. Ever hear of trash talk? I responded within the spirit and parameters of the thread. As I repsonded privately to "Schro" since I wrote that I've had to cancel two conference calls due to shouting and yelling about the "game", one person called in reporting they had alcohol poisoning and another who "hung together" to use American Idiomatic speech haven't appreared at all. I want those who have an interest to enjoy it, do whatever they want in celebration but, gentlemen, I also want you to understand not every opinion is universal. If you do not want an answer such as mine then indicate that only positive, inane posts will be accepted. Go out and support your teams, I certainly do mine (Go Trojans, Fight On) but to cloture me with petty comments because you feel I've "sullied" your football and by inference your site is beneath consideration.

P. S. As to wagering on any team sports, I wouldn't pay a dime to see an ant eat a bale of hay. PJ
4*4

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
My, my.... somebody does have his hiney all up in the air doesn't he?? Hmmm?

We're not banning any free speech. As I said previously, you can always start an additional thread. Plus... I never inferred that you sullied this Forum, only this thread. I'm very direct, if I had thought that I would have said it bluntly.

Anyway... have a great day and enjoy the rest of it with those admirable co-workers of yours.  ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »
PJ/Blitzed - while you may have thought your post was a form of "trash talk" I'd like to point out that it was nothing of sort.  In fact, it came off as more of what would be considered a post that was aimed at doing just what it did, stir up off-topic, negativity on a forum thread.  People that do this are often considered forum trolls. 

You complained about your co-workers disrupting your day, but all you have done is disrupted this thread, which has lead many of us having to disrupt our schedules to respond to your unnecessary post.

I would like to think Schro for professionally pointing out that it is not necessary to comment on threads that you distaste and to just move on to the next.  I'd also like to thank him for sending a very professional PM to you explaining the situation.  PJ, in the future I'd appreciate that you respect when the SBG mods address you that you respect them and cease any urge to argue with them. 

Thank you for understanding that in the future it's OK to post dissenting opinions that are on topic, but not OK to try to completely derail a thread.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.