Author Topic: Well...thats it  (Read 3829 times)

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Well...thats it
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 10:25:06 PM »
Hey slyjoe,
I have a very sensitive head too (comes with my naturally sensitive personality??? ok, maybe not...).  I find that I have a lot of chemical sensitivities so I'm going to try Cella and RazoRock pre-shave and aftershave products because they have a whole lot less chemical junk in there.  Other than that, I use Gold Bond Medicated lotion on my head and witch hazel after my shaves.  This may change once I try to Cella and RazoRock stuff.  I try to keep it pretty simple. 

Have you tried a few different types of razors including single-blade or something like the Gillette Guard?  I ordered a pack of those recently and I'm hoping that will help me with the razor burn/bumps.  My neck is where I get it the worst.  Someone here told me to shave down only on my neck, not up.  So I'm going to try that too.  I do as few passes as possible on my neck with the Mach 3.  I'll be happy to ditch my Mach 3's and others for my new DE and Gillette Guard I'm quite sure!

Best of luck to you!
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline Todo Duro

• Sly Jr.
Re: Well...thats it
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »
Sound advice all round SlyJoe. Best to give it some rest, then only shave again WTG once the inflammation has abated, and figure out a schedule that works for you. Also, don't know what your aftershave routine is, but seen as you're so young I'd say maybe avoid using too many aftercare products, and make the most of your skin's natural resilience instead.
.: you must laugh and sing if you want to conquer the world :.

Offline Repent34

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Recent photo taken with iMac.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »
Hey SlyJoe;

One product I've found that has so far been working wonders for me for aftercare is Trumpers Coral Skin Food. It's spendy to be sure, but I have to tell you that being very new to headshaving (almost a month, ya'll) I have at times given myself some razor rash on the sides of my head above the ears.  In that area I have to come at it from several different directions and so of course the result is razor rash.  After only a few hours with the Trumpers on the razor rash is almost faded away and the skin is not tender anymore.

Maybe it's only me but that stuff works wonders.  I bought it because so many folks over at Straight Razor Place swore by it.  It doesn't take a lot to cover your head so I can see the bottle lasting long enough to justify the cost.  At least to me.  YMMV.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »
How is it going, SlyJoe?  Any update on the situation?
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
Hope all is going well with your new routine. I tend to take Saturdays off but if I let it go longer, then the stubble is an issue and the shave is hard. Good luck

Enter your email address: