Confidence and Success > Fitness/Diet

Supplements

(1/3) > >>

Viking:
Arm in arm with my Healthy Eating thread this really but thought I'd keep things separate.

Does anyone out there take any daily supplements and is it worth it?? I'm not talking magical weight loss/gain powders and potions or anything like that but vitamins. I don't and havn't in the past ever taken anything to boost my system but I suppose looking at a more healthy future it is something I've come across and I'm sure there are areas that we/I are deficient.

I've read that a decent multivit is a good place to start but even then a lot of the RDA's are massively low.

Any thoughts??

BillOnBass:
I take a multivitamin once daily for to prevent vitamin and nutrient deficiency, a B-vitamin complex once daily for energy metabolism, a fish oil capsule once or twice daily for heart health, and L-Glutamine two to three times daily for muscle growth and maintenance.  I drink a whey protein shake on weight training days immediately after working out. 

As far as the pills go, I have no idea if they're working or not.  I'm just trusting in scientific research.  As far as the whey protein powder goes, I can certainly see a visible difference in muscle mass and definition after using it in conjunction with exercise for months at a time.

Hingatao:
Right now I'm using a mega B complex. It's got anywhere from 100-plus per cent of the RDA on each of the different B vitamins. It seems to work for me.

Frontier Guy:
Multivitamin, fish oil, niacin (reduces cholesterol), low-dose aspirin.

Switchy:
Centrum Silver, 1200 mg of fish oil !  Drink alot of water . O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version