Author Topic: Am I balding? Or Mature hairline?  (Read 28949 times)

Andrei

Re: Am I balding? Or Mature hairline?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »
dimemag, losing hair is the definition of balding, so I would say that you picked the right words.
I don't think think the pills is the way to go, but this is entirely up to you.
So, what to do? Chose a haircut that suits you best and update it whenever you feel it's necessary.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »
Whatever recession you've experienced at the temples is very minor at this point and it's difficult to say whether it is the beginning of MPB or just a maturing of the hairline.  I really wouldn't worry about it at this stage and I'd definitely stay away from the drugs for the reasons the others have already outlined.  And with regards to Rogaine, my understanding is that it works well on the crown area but it's more or less useless at the hairline.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »
Yes, the tide is going out.

So what?

A likely subtext of so many of these posts, "Is my hair falling out?"...  [Is my junk about shrivel...to fall off?  Will gals/guys snicker in my presence?].

If there is anything (above the neck) that's more "male" than hair loss, Ming does not know what it could be.  Oh, well, maybe growing a beard is equivalent.

Ming requires his courtiers who raise this question about thinning hair... to shave it all off.

Go, thou, and do likewise.  And grow a beard.

Or suffer "The Wrath of Ming."

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 07:20:20 PM »
Yes, the tide is going out.

So what?

A likely subtext of so many of these posts, "Is my hair falling out?"...  [Is my junk about shrivel...to fall off?  Will gals/guys snicker in my presence?].

If there is anything (above the neck) that's more "male" than hair loss, Ming does not know what it could be.  Oh, well, maybe growing a beard is equivalent.

Ming requires his courtiers who raise this question about thinning hair... to shave it all off.

Go, thou, and do likewise.  And grow a beard.

Or suffer "The Wrath of Ming."

Words of wisdom. Maybe "Ming the Merciless" should be "Ming the Wise".

Offline dimemag

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 10:00:40 PM »
Hey guys,

So I shaved my head to get a better grasp of what Im dealing with. It doesnt look terrible to be honest, but at 20 years old, I am a little worried. As you can see in some of the pictures, the hairline itself as a whole has probably moved back about a half an inch since a couple years ago. And also, the temples (especially the right side), are starting to thin. Ive thought about using rogaine and Nizoral , and see if it can help me keep it.

Here are some pics.. Kinda chilly :S

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 05:26:55 PM »
I say I wouldn't use that because sometimes they can have horrible side effects and your hair doesn't look that bad. If it starts to go either buzz or shave it don't try to get it back just embrace it  O0