Author Topic: Can I do anything with this?  (Read 9487 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: Can I do anything with this?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »
It is no more. If I ever grow it out again, it will be a full beard.

"If"?   :o :o

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
Re: Can I do anything with this?
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 05:56:09 AM »
Looked good with the beard but its always good to play with our own personal style once in a while.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 08:44:10 AM »
Doug, it looks like you have great coverage and density in your beard, so you could off pull of most any style.  I do think some facial hair complements the sly look.  Since you post is from some time back and I do not recall a recent photo, are you still Mr. Clean?  As with going sly, you probably need at least 30 days with a style to really know if it is a keeper.  Drastic changes take some time for the shock of looking in the mirror to fade and reveal the true reflection in the mirror.

I suggest you experiment with several different styles to see which you like best.  It is easiest to start with the full beard, and then take progressive trimming steps through the "smaller" styles. 

Since some facial hair styles are more maintenance than others, how much time you want to invest in trimming and shaping will be a consideration.  Detailed styles such as a narrow chin strap require daily shaving, trimming, and shaping to maintain and look neat, and a slight error is very noticeable.  Other styles are more forgiving and can easily be expanded over a week or two to repair a trimming error without anyone but ourselves noticing.  The full beard is probably the lowest maintenance style, requiring just occasional cheek line and neck line shaping, and trimming to the desired length.
SlyBeard

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »
I think that you should shave the chin hair & go w/the clean-shaved look. It looks better.

Enter your email address: