Author Topic: Anyone have a sleeve they are required to cover for work?  (Read 9288 times)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
Re: Anyone have a sleeve they are required to cover for work?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »
In due time these points will be irrelevant.

here's hoping!

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 02:40:59 PM »
No Sly bear, I guess they dont. But perhaps I was telling a joke?
Or perhaps I was?  8)
Ahhah. I got you.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline jarheadj

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
Right after I retired from the Marine Corps, I got a job as a security advisor at Disneyland. One of the first protocols they indicated to me was that all visible tattoos had to be covered to maintain the "Disney Look" so I had to wear long sleeves everyday. I soon discovered that the "Disney Look" transcended into pretentiousness in every aspect of their operations so I had to resign. I'm done with that. Accept me for what I can provide and my experience and don't expect me to become a pretentious A$$.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 03:40:20 AM »
Right after I retired from the Marine Corps, I got a job as a security advisor at Disneyland. One of the first protocols they indicated to me was that all visible tattoos had to be covered to maintain the "Disney Look" so I had to wear long sleeves everyday. I soon discovered that the "Disney Look" transcended into pretentiousness in every aspect of their operations so I had to resign. I'm done with that. Accept me for what I can provide and my experience and don't expect me to become a pretentious A$$.

If a person is qualified for a job and can be an asset to a company, his/her body art shouldn't matter (as long as it's in moderation of course).
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »
Ink is not permitted in many jobs around here - - -IBM will not tolerate it  - -New York State Trooper Program, Board of Education - - -

Guys , THINK  before you ink  - - - -I do ink from time to time but I do the non-permanent - - -and I do enjoy it.