Author Topic: Anyone ever convince/influence someone in their life to go sly?  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
Anyone ever convince/influence someone in their life to go sly?
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:58:06 PM »
Yes, so there are a few people I know who really need it. One is my uncle, who is under the impression that shaving can cause hairloss. Another is this guy around my age who's got it pretty bad in front. I'm not going to go up and tell them they need it, that's rude. So, I was wondering, who here has convinced someone to shave his head, even sneakily, and how did it work?

I'm really more interested in the stories behind this though. I wouldn't actively be trying to convince someone unless I knew them really well.

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
Re: Anyone ever convince/influence someone in their life to go sly?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »
Hello friend. I have never tried to convince someone to shave there head. Although I don't think anyone would give in to my offer. Or dare. But I would try my hardest to let them know how good the lifestyle is. if not I don't think sneakily is even a consideration at that point because he/she(most likely he)has already made up his mind.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »
Same here slyjoe would have done the same thing

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »
I have never discussed the issue but one of my sons shaves his head.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 07:38:10 AM »
None of my uncles or older relatives do....but a lot of cousins in my age group do! For Christmas, there were at least five guys in the family under 50 (and one older) that were sly....Now if we could just get the older guys to follow our lead ;D
DISCLAIMER: The sly guy over 50 was a family friend who visits us a lot.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:39:30 AM »
Once and a while  8)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 03:57:37 AM »
Over Christmas I convinced my Dad to go sly.

I think he is keeping up the look too.
Lynchy

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 04:04:26 AM »
Although a few people have asked me questions about head shaving, I think the funny thing is that I was partly influenced by a friend of mine. And now. We have been asked lots of times if we are related.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 05:56:31 AM »
Without specifically meaning to, I did. As I've written elsewhere, I was doing network news when, over the weekend, I went BBC. I was quite nearly fired-no problem, it wasn't work I necessarily enjoyed-but one thing saved me; An influx of cancer patients wrote or called-this was somewhat before the internet's wide spread usage and a cell phone only was used for speech-to say that seeing me with a freshly shaved head made them think, okay, I can do it to. Privately, a number of guys said they had upped their considerations to getting a 1 or O gauge peel and the next step...As with everyone else, I do get asked primarily by the young-few are older-and I tell them what we all tell them that it's a liberating experience and I cannot explain the experience other than it won't hurt and you will find out things about yourself and your resolve you perhaps didn't expect.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
A young man in our neighborhood that does handy work has started loosing ground in the hair department.  I noticed that he was cutting it closer and closer to the scalp.  I said nothing but gave him my headblade and cartriages.  Sure enough, on his next visit-
SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I congratulated him on his choice and told him about this site.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Anyone ever convince/influence someone in their life to go sly?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »
My dad had what we less than affectionately called " helmet head". He still has thick hair but he had so much of it and used enough hair goop that a hurricane wouldn't have made a single hair move a millimetre. His style had not changed since the 1980s and I have the photos for proof. A few years ago I told him he should try a short buzzed military type cut. He was really reluctant but eventually he did, and he looks so much better. He's now stuck with this new do and I think it suits him well. his college students definitely prefer the look too.
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »
I minored in counseling so in my internship I gave this guy who wanted to try rogaine the option to shave it as I was bald too, but that's as far as I went.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »
Don't know that I've successfully got someone to go sly, but several men encouraged me, so they were successful.

One of them, and our wives are going to the Biltmore estate next weekend to celebrate one year of shaving my head.  So, two bald guys and their wives.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
A young man in our neighborhood that does handy work has started loosing ground in the hair department.  I noticed that he was cutting it closer and closer to the scalp.  I said nothing but gave him my headblade and cartriages.  Sure enough, on his next visit-
SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I congratulated him on his choice and told him about this site.
O0  Goodman Don  O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »
If I ever get into a conversation w/a man that is sporting a buzzed/grown out MPB pattern (the fringe), I'll ask if they ever tried shaving it and/or encourage them to do so..