Author Topic: "We got a Bleeder!"  (Read 9225 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: "We got a Bleeder!"
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »
I will only use a HeadBlade if I have Aftra blades in it.  I  have tried to use the triples numerous times and I will cut myself on the sides near the ears.  I will not even be going fast.  I will have my noggin wet and using HeadSlick.  I will cut myself going slowly while trying to  get rid of my stubble as I seem to not get a close shave with the triples.  It is funny that I do really well with doubles.  Maybe it is my type of skin and hair?

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 01:45:53 AM »
Hope it heals before the Canberra group meet on Friday.

Will be fine!

I will be shaved even if its not lol
Lynchy

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 01:47:14 AM »
I will only use a HeadBlade if I have Aftra blades in it.  I  have tried to use the triples numerous times and I will cut myself on the sides near the ears.  I will not even be going fast.  I will have my noggin wet and using HeadSlick.  I will cut myself going slowly while trying to  get rid of my stubble as I seem to not get a close shave with the triples.  It is funny that I do really well with doubles.  Maybe it is my type of skin and hair?

We don't get aftra blades here in Oz, but I do want to try some double blades instead of the triples at some point.
Lynchy

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »
Try the sensor excels, I used them for ages, only stopped because I can get triples cheaper

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »
Thanks Slyfive, and they go on the standard adapter?
Lynchy

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »
When ever I have wacked myself it is right above the ear.  Have alittle fat or impressions there from wearing glasses , which means all of them , but put to much pressure on the sport and was in to big of rush.  What's alittle blood anyway  ;D  Woops, ah S**% how could I have done that .  Honey come here and kiss the bobo !   ;)  Sorry she likes blood !   :*))
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 11:43:44 PM »
They go on the sensor (black) adapter, they give a super close shave and usually come in packs of 10.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
Thanks, might have to go looking for some.
Lynchy

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 02:05:16 AM »
Hope it heals fast Lynchy.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:43 AM »
What do you think of this idea?

Could it be that people sometimes [maybe mostly] cut themselves with the HeadBlade because it is so forgiving and easy to use that we tend to get a little slack and pay less care than we should?. I mean, if I was using a straight razor I take a lot of care and today I found myself being a little cavalier with my HeadBlade. Had to remind myself to slow down.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 05:04:42 AM »
100% I showed absolutely zero respect for the razor sharp metal against my head.... And I got cut.

Lesson learnt.... I hope.
Lynchy

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 02:04:45 PM »
Sorry to hear about the cut Lynchy.  Hopefully it heals up fast for you.  Honestly the only thing keeping from trying a Headblade Sport is the fact that you can cut yourself pretty bad if you make a mistake with it from what I have read.  I have been sticking to more forgiving blades for that reason, but maybe sometime I will get the guts to try it.

I keep seeing people write that it is easy to cut yourself with a Sport and impossible to cut yourself with an ATX. However, I've been using a Sport for over a year and I've only cut myself twice. Once was minor and the other was a stupid mistake - I gave myself a slight cut and thinking I had just took off a pimple I went over it again and cut it worse.  When I tried out the ATX for a week, I ended up cutting myself over the left ear and it was worse than either cut I got with the Sport.

I found that with both razors (and I think it is the same with any), cuts are usually due to letting the blade slip sideways.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »
cuts are usually due to letting the blade slip sideways.

Bingo, Skram.

That's exactly what happened to me when I last cut myself.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
I cut my ear pretty badly too on my very first shave with a head blade. Gotta be care with  pressure and going too fast. i felt like a total goof! Seriously cutting my ear while shaving! Regardless it was my first shave and it was exhilarating. Shaving behind the ear is the toughest area for me.gotta know your your bearings behind the head.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 07:11:51 PM »

I found that with both razors (and I think it is the same with any), cuts are usually due to letting the blade slip sideways.

When shaving around the 2 moles on my head I have found myself being tempted to do just this -- slip the blade sideways to save time. I had to make a conscious effort not to do this.