Author Topic: Did anyone see UFC 64 last night?  (Read 3966 times)

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
Did anyone see UFC 64 last night?
« on: October 15, 2006, 02:50:12 PM »
Holy freakin' God! I really enjoyed the show! The 2 title fights were amazing, for different reasons. Sherk/Florian was a war! And Rich Franklin got owned badly. Wow. Anyone else see this?

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
Re: Did anyone see UFC 64 last night?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:41:38 PM »
Yeah man I watched it .......I knew Spider would beat Rich Franklin but I didn't think it would be that dominant.......Muay Thai wins again... .....Sherk looked good at 155 still strong as a horse ......and it looked to me like Kenflo ran out of gas plus he just wasn't strong enough to deal with Sherk on the ground

it was a good card but I'm eager for this Saturday with the Pride in Vegas.....Fedor v The Hammer, Randelman v Shogun are the main two I want to see but it's a decent card also...

Red

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:48:46 PM »
I didn't get to see this show, but thx for the info guys! /cheers
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »
The PRIDE show is gonna be ridiculous! I'm intrigued by Dan Henderson v Vitor Belfort. Very interesting matchup.

I had questions about Sherk at 155, but he silenced any doubts anyone had. That dude is a beast! I thought it was hilarious when Sherk went for the slam and Kenny grabbed the fence for dear life. If he wouldn't have, they'd still be scraping him off the mat!

I agree about Silva/Franklin. I had a feeling Silva would take him too, but that was a complete anihilation.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 04:12:26 PM »
I was shocked to see how quickly Franklin went down with Silva.  I think Silva broke some ribs cause Franklin within like 15 seconds became very defensive and just reactive to the blows. 
I thought as a whole the show rocked!  All the fights were good fight.  Didn’t care much for the last fight aired with Clay Guida, long haired punk.
I just watch my first PRIDE fight last night.  Watched a series of Wanderlei Silva fights.  That's a bad fighter!  I never seen Belfort fight.  Is he good?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 05:33:14 PM »
Yeah Pride has a lot of real good fights and fighters....I personally think they have better talent than UFC at the higher weight classes...i.e. Anderson Silva used to fight Pride as did Rampage Jackson when he beat Chuck Liddell........

Wandy is a machine but has his weaknesses...which had a lot to do with Cro Cop putting him to bed in their fight a month or so ago......I'm hoping they get the Vanderlei v Liddell fight done that would be fire....

Vitor is a good fighter he was better a while back but he's still nobody to play around with if you want to see some good Pride fights though watch the Pride event on PPV from Vegas this Saturday ...you'll see possibly the best heavyweight fighter in the world...Fedor fighting one of the pioneers of MMA as we know it in my opinion...Mark Coleman  and the whole card is pretty much stacked with good fights......

Red
WAR Sakuraba