Author Topic: Bald Guys Everywhere  (Read 6892 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Bald Guys Everywhere
« on: August 17, 2006, 05:51:21 PM »
Is it just me, or does it seem like shaving your head is becoming a fashion statement?  It seems that everywhere you look there are a bunch of guys that have shaved heads.  I don't know if I'm just seeing more of them because I'm bald or if there is actually more out there.  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:57:41 PM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: Bald Guys Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:33:07 PM »
In the old days there were only but a few bald (by choice) celebrities, such as good old Kojak and Yul Brynner.

Now they're everywhere. And more and more celebrities join in: Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Jordan, Billy Zane etc.
Plus, there's lots and lots of football (soccer) players who shave their heads. And after all, football IS the most popular sport.

So naturally more and more people go bald as a result as celebrities often set new fashion trends and so on.
And as it gets more accepted (shaving your head) more and more people who are loosing their hair, find it okay to shave
their heads and do so.
It's a comforting factor, knowing that many celebrities shave their heads and that it gets accepted - so people who used to want
to shave their heads but chickened ("what will people think?!) now find the courage to do it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:35:42 PM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 02:12:36 PM »
yep. more guys shave now a days. that is okay as long as mullets don't make a comeback. I saw a guy with a mullet in public and almost burst out laughing. Talk about old school.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 02:16:03 PM »
...that is okay as long as mullets don't make a comeback. I saw a guy with a mullet in public and almost burst out laughing. Talk about old school.

Try going to New Jersey sometime.  On my last trip there I could have sworn there was a mullet convention going on...

No disrespect to those of you from NJ, you most likely don't have a mullet if your looking at this...LOL  ;)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 03:11:41 PM »
Oh my god! I had a mullet in school! I agree, it looks ridiculous. Fortunately, there's no surviving picture
from that time, so don't bother asking for proof, lol.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 03:16:33 PM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 02:00:49 AM »

LoL  I survived the Mullet, the rat tail, the permed days, the spiked days, crew cut, balding days for past 20 years, and loving being bald 12+ years hehehe   ;D
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 10:29:34 AM »
Sorry Tyler, yeah, I do see a LOT more ppl in Society with shaven heads than ever before. Just like tattoos are more common these days as well. I know tons of ppl with hidden tattoos, I can respect that I guess, I have just never fealt the need to hide my art. My careers have shown you can go far, but my realm is far from the beaten path. hehe  8)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 09:38:17 AM »
Believe it or not, I had a mullet about 16 yrs ago.  It was the first time I had hair long enough in the back where I could turn my head fast and have the hair hit my face!  In high school, I had a white man's afro.  Truly scary.  Bald is MUCH better!

gearhedguy

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 03:13:17 PM »
My hair days do not leave fond memories. . . short on the sides, long in the back, and spiked on top. And let's not forget the time I got stripes shaved into the right-hand side. I was a new college graduate reluctantly working in the corporate/cubicle world. My hair was my way to rebel. What can I say, I was a product of the 80's!!  ;D

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »
I can honestly say I never had a mullet or anything even close!!!

Of course, I went from being in high school (with a pretty strict retired Navy dad) to the Navy Reserves to the active duty Navy, sooooo I never had much of a choice of having long hair!

Enter your email address: