Author Topic: Beard and 'stache experts, I need your advice  (Read 7627 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Beard and 'stache experts, I need your advice
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 04:30:22 AM »
As Slybeard said, it looks like you are filling in nicely  O0. I normally recommend 30 days without trimming, and by the 3 month mark you should be at full coverage, and have some good growth to work with.

Something like my beard, or Rusty's is a very long term thing haha, you've really got to be dedicated to the cause and have the right growing conditions aka no partner or work troubles.  Beards this big also aren't for everyone anyway, as they say, different strokes for different blokes  ::)

Offline Todo Duro

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »
I normally recommend 30 days without trimming, and by the 3 month mark you should be at full coverage, and have some good growth to work with.

Sounds sensible! guess if I eventually settle for this style I'll keep it trimmed pretty short (1 inch max) but as you say, need to see what I'll be working with first.

Something like my beard, or Rusty's is a very long term thing

Can definitely say that and hat off to you. There's a point where a beard stops being "just" facial hair and becomes something that's part body art part lifestyle choice, a bit like getting seriously into tattoos or body modification... might not be something I'd choose to do myself but I admire the sheer dedication it takes.
.: you must laugh and sing if you want to conquer the world :.

Offline sahil15

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 03:37:07 PM »
Looks great Todo.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:28:40 PM »
I think both the chinstrap and moustache enhance your sly style!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
Something like my beard, or Rusty's is a very long term thing

Can definitely say that and hat off to you. There's a point where a beard stops being "just" facial hair and becomes something that's part body art part lifestyle choice, a bit like getting seriously into tattoos or body modification... might not be something I'd choose to do myself but I admire the sheer dedication it takes.

That is a pretty good way of thinking about it anyway. I've never thought of it that way.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 07:37:23 AM »
Looks good, TD!   O0

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 06:36:23 AM »
Let it grow for 30 days, by then you will definitely have a pretty good idea of how it's going to look. So give that a go, and I hope by then you'll be pleasantly surprised  O0

Agree with that one Beardman and this is what I did. Didn't touch it all for the 30 days, then went to the barber for a shape and trim. Worked wonders.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 04:41:53 PM »
Looking good, suits you.

Offline Todo Duro

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 03:43:40 PM »
Hullo all, resurfacing on the forum after a couple of months away due mostly to insane work / study schedules, might as well post a beard update as promised... here's where I'm at after 2 months growing (had to shave and reboot at the end of March because of a horrific trimming accident that took off a quarter of the goatee in a fell stroke :( lesson learnt).

I haven't got the easiest beard to manage that's for sure as it's curly and wiry but it's filling in nicely and with a bit of care it looks the part (hopefully). The plan is to grow for another month, see what it's like then and make a decision whether to keep on growing, try for a full beard or trim back to the current length, which I'm ok with... and see if I can turn the stache into a monster, Josif-Stalin-like handlebar perhaps :D

Feels good to be back by the way, I've missed the forum!

.: you must laugh and sing if you want to conquer the world :.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 03:51:26 AM »
Looking good mate,

Trimming is a dangerous game!
Lynchy

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 05:41:55 AM »
I grew my 'stache the easy way; I had a shoulder replaced and, when finally, I was coherent enough to remember things like who I was where I was, you know, stuff like that, I'd not only grown a very, very short silver-white butch cut but had facial hair that depended from my newly sprouted fur. Here's what hospitals won't do-shave your head and, only reluctantly, your face. I got an orderly who finally did the job but suggested the 'stache was a "keeper". He cut in a horseshoe and that's what it still is. And, yes, trimming, particular with only one hand, is an art not easily or simply learned; I'm on my second styptic pencil....

Enter your email address: