Author Topic: Owned by the girlfriend  (Read 9884 times)

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Owned by the girlfriend
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
lol Voodoo  O0

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »

This is so true. I tried to explain that part as well. She just stared at me like I had three heads and said I should get a hobby lol

It's all in good fun though. We have one of those 'special' relationships, where if we weren't giving each other a hard time constantly, there might actually be a problem.

I reckon that it sort of is a hobby. It is with me anyway. That means that you can spend a bit on it without feeling guilty.

I'm a bit jealous of everyone who is in a relationship at the moment because I miss the female touch but I reckon that it might be over for me for this lifetime because I don't miss it enough to do anything about it. One of the good things about getting older I guess. And, I can also reflect upon all those bad parts of my past relationships and how I don't miss them -- that makes me feel better.

I think that it was Groucho Marx who said 'I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have someone like me as a member'. Bit like that for me 'Why would I want to be with a woman who would accept someone like me for a partner?' Her standards would be far too low for me -- ha ha.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 08:19:20 PM »
Lol voodoo, I feel that if I wasn't living on apprentice wages I'd probably be in the same situation. So much stuff I want to try, so little money... haha!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »
Funny....When I was married, my ex would have her sink and cabinet so full of stuff, that she had to start putting her leftover stuff in MY cabinet....The same thing with her clothes and MY closet, but that's for another thread....Now I find myself with shaving stuff on BOTH sinks now that I live alone.....If I have to start putting stuff in the other bathroom, this might get scary; I guess my ex's stuff wasn't that bad after all....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
Get stuff delivered to work and bring it home bit by bit....scatter it around the house ;0)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:44 PM »
Get stuff delivered to work and bring it home bit by bit....scatter it around the house ;0)

Spoken like a true addict! hahaha

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »

Spoken like a true addict! hahaha

haha That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that one. I'll admit to being a bit of an addict for sure. I'm also obsessive about getting that perfect smoothest/quickest/cleanest shave on the head. Hence all crap scattered about my bathroom

Accepted

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »
hahahaha best problem to have!! :P

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
I have my own bathroom that my wife seldom uses, however when she does she always pisses me off by leaving the seat DOWN.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 03:07:29 PM »
I no longer think of shaving as grooming or a job to be done each day for practical reasons but view it for what it really is for me now -- it is a hobby.

As such I can justify [to myself, don't know about a girlfriend] any amount of money spent that I  am comfortable with. Perhaps this might apply to others too?

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
 :*)) Tom

Offline wetbiker7

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Owned by the girlfriend
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 04:57:38 AM »
Do I sense a bit of jealousy from the GF?

I definitely know what that feels like. My wife has complained about how much time I spend in my Android Forums. I'm sure this forum is soon to follow. It's just one of those things she's going to need to learn to live with. Heck, i gave up alcohol almost 3 years ago. Spending time in these forums and doing some reading is how I like to spend some of my spare time now. 

I haven't got caught up in all the men's care products yet. I just keep it simple with either gel or foam shaving cream and a Mach 3 blade. I'm sure that will change once I read and try some of the methods the members here use. Lol.

I hope things work out with you and your girlfriend and that she understands you are doing something you love to do. If you think you may be going a little overboard with the products, well maybe you are. That's for you to decide. As long as it's not interfereing with work, bills, and your all around quality of life then I really wouldn't worry about it. ;D

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 07:40:17 AM »
And, at least none of it seems to cost a ridiculous $50++ per tiny bottle that the ladies pay for their junk.

I'm sure that will happen more and more as the demand and popularity of cosmetics for men increases :(
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
I went through the exact same thing for the first few years. Then I began to settle into a routine and narrowed down my choices as far as equipment and supplies. My lone razor is the Personna M5 but I have several HeadBlades which I no longer use. I'm down to HeadSlick and a Mango shave cream from Trader Joe's and I use Shave Secret from WalMart.
My wife never really bugged me about stuff that I bought, I just started to feel overwhelmed by choices. I think that as time went by certain things, like my HB just kinda dropped off.
So this, and all things, will pass.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 08:58:35 AM »
Imagine what it's like for a slyette!   :*))

I actually have fairly few bathroom products compared to my friends.  I don't typically use anything very expensive or if I do it lasts a lifetime (I have a bottle of moisturizer that has plenty left that's lasted over 2 years, so it was well worth the $20 investment).  My friends have thankfully stopped gifting me weird smelling potions.  I'm almost obsessively brand loyal which means I don't experiment much. 

I still have some hair products I obviously no longer use, too, so once I finally get around to binning them I'll be even more streamlined (plus two of the total products are actually for the dog, not for me).  I have a horror of throwing away something "perfectly good" so I'm having a hard time throwing out my hair stuff, I'll either toss it when I move in a few weeks or end up passing it on to a friend.

Though I am apparently a complete weirdo for having 4 paintings mounted in there so maybe that's how I make up for product clutter.  (They're pretty small).  Being an amateur painter that's how it goes, though!  My tiny apartment probably has over 100 pieces of art if I were to count.