Author Topic: January Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 16012 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: January Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
I've managed to get back in the gym twice in the past few days. Immediately noticed when hitting the treadmill that the smoking has done it's damage. Got winded after just 1mi but kept pushing anyway and managed 5mi. I was not happy at all with that though. I can still manage to bench my own body weight without killing myself (250lb), and was really happy about that. All in all, a decent start.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »
I've managed to get back in the gym twice in the past few days. Immediately noticed when hitting the treadmill that the smoking has done it's damage. Got winded after just 1mi but kept pushing anyway and managed 5mi. I was not happy at all with that though. I can still manage to bench my own body weight without killing myself (250lb), and was really happy about that. All in all, a decent start.

Yeah smoking'll do that too ya... good on ya for not just giving up... or having a heart attack! haha. Well done on the rest of the stuff though, you are certainly off to a good start, as they say you've gotta start somewhere! That and you are still ahead of everyone just sitting on the couch/at the computer talking about doing it!

I have my first session for the week tonight. Tonight is back night!

My goal is 30 mins of cardio a day. Need to shift a few pounds. Well a few kilograms really. Healthy eating too.

Good solid plan Mark, f you push hard you'll reap the rewards in no time, when I was doing cardio 3 nights a week I was able to lose 1-2 kilos a week if I was watching what I was eating... especially over the weekends haha.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 02:15:32 AM »
I'm still on the couch lol... Off to a flying start.
Lynchy

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 03:38:01 PM »
Did an awesome biceps and tris workout and 5K today.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 11:51:38 PM »
I did a good back workout last night, was pretty intense, I tried increasing weights where I could. Chest night tonight!

Keep up the good work Buff!

Get of that dang couch... If you weren't half a drives day away I'd drag you to the gym with me haha!

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 03:30:37 AM »

Get of that dang couch... If you weren't half a drives day away I'd drag you to the gym with me haha!

Lol it would be quite a drive just for a Gym session!
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 05:20:23 AM »
Just saw what I wrote... typos for the win!

But it certainly would be a fair drive! It'd probably be worth it :D

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 04:22:15 AM »
It's now mid month, how is everyone going?

My shoulder is really hassling me again, so that's put a massive back burner on things. I think I can write off the injury free month, which is sad because for the past month it has been almost perfect.

I did manage to get the 27.5kg dumbell flat bench though so I'm pretty stoked about that!

I think I am almost there with the Preacher curls, I'll see Thursday. Legs tomorrow night, so lets see, I might be able to already get the good mornings, not sure about the deadlifts this month though, I don't want to mess with that shoulder too much seeing it is giving me trouble again.

How is everyone else going? Who got started, and who is still going?

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 06:55:03 AM »
Fail Fail Fail!!!

Not gone/started well, I have excuses but that doesn't change the fact I've failed!  :x!

Going to sort out the spare room gym this afternoon, got some weights n stuff but have no idea what to do with them, I might make a list and ask for some advice!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »
Fail Fail Fail!!!

Not gone/started well, I have excuses but that doesn't change the fact I've failed!  :x!

Going to sort out the spare room gym this afternoon, got some weights n stuff but have no idea what to do with them, I might make a list and ask for some advice!!

Awww that's no good man, don't get too down on yourself you've still got a bit over a week to get on track. I know it is really hard to get motivated and get into a routine, but once you do, you'll be off and racing!

If you need some pointers one of the best websites I've found is www.bodybuilding.com. They have lots of really helpful information, have a poke around the site and you'll find lots of useful information there. I use the "exercises" section to build my workouts, they've got thousands of exercises and they can all be filtered by the muscle group they work. Each exercise has a male and female video (well nearly all the time) as well as a written "how to". But they have an abundance of knowledge there. So it might be a good place to start.

If you want too, you could probably even google for beginners weight training programs or something along those lines, that's how I found my first program (can't remember what it was now). Just please, please, please, make sure that you start of light until you have the technique down pat. If you are struggling to learn/understand the exercise, there are some really good "how to" videos on youtube, I remember youtube was a great help when I was learning power cleans and deadlifts.

Good luck mate, and I hope to hear by the end of the month you've got a program of sorts and are giving it a go  O0

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:01 AM »
I started off awesome then got a virus and have literally been coughing, full of cold and literally felt terrible. I have this week off work as holiday so have just chilled and Monday I am back on the fitness programme big time!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »
That's no good at all mate. At least you've had some time to recover though. I hope you hit the program again running!

I have been a little slack, but for most of you guys that's perfectly fien seeing it's only jsut ticked over the first.

But how was everyone's January?

It's been quiet in here for a while, did people get rolling, did they lose motivation somewhere, if there is anything we can help with to improve your training let me know, I'm no expert, but I'll give it a go haha.

As for me, well what can I say...

I kinda had a bit of an injury, but that has recovered nicely, I think I had just been pushing too hard and my body was telling me to slow down.

I did get the 27.5kg dumbell flat bench!

I don't think I got the deadlift goal because I didn't want to risk my shoulder again (reoccurring injuries :XX )

I did get the 50kg Good Mornings,

I actually get the 35kg preachers unassisted! and started working on 40kg preachers so I'm stoked!

So how about everyone else, it is ok to admit failure, hopefully next month you can get back on the horse and give it a good run!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 11:08:29 PM »
Hay all,
been traveling and tide up by the girlfriend :)

Hit all my goals for the month except cycling. Averaged 6-7 sessions, 7-10 hours per week. No injuries and great things abound!!!

Hope all are well...cheers, Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:53 AM »
Glad  to hear you've been living it up and still hitting goals, keep up the good work!