Author Topic: Simple ways to be a happy, smarter, bald guy  (Read 7047 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Simple ways to be a happy, smarter, bald guy
« on: January 01, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »
Hey guys, one of the blogs that I subscribe to is Jason Cohen's A Smart Bear.  His recent posts has some great, simple tips to improve your life.

His post, titled My simple ways to be a happier, smarter 30-something, has the following points and more!

Here are some of my favorite points that he makes:

Pay attention to how you feel after eating something. Everyone’s body reacts differently to foods, so just pay attention. Do you feel energized or lethargic? Bloated or tight? Hungry in 4-6 hours (good) or not hungry after 8 hours? Then act accordingly.

It probably isn’t that good; save it for next time. Unless you’re at a great restaurant, every item on the menu is not as good as it sounds. The burger is probably not as tasty but still 1500 calories. The enchiladas are probably not amazing but 1500 calories. The rice and beans are probably not something you’ll remember in an hour but they’re 750 calories.

So don’t waste the calories. Get something smaller and/or healthier. Save up for the next meal which you might enjoy more, or might come with a drink, or anything.

Eat a full serving of veggies daily. You should be eating one serving per meal, but if you don’t have the fortitude, you can at least agree that eating no vegetables at all in a day is ridiculous. Getting it at lunch is often easiest, because you can pack it or pick it at the restaurant. Especially if it’s a working or meeting lunch, you probably won’t notice the food much anyway, so get a salad and don’t use much dressing.

You can read the rest of his points here - http://blog.asmartbear.com/happier-30-something.html

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
Re: Simple ways to be a happy, smarter, bald guy
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »
Interesting, have added this to my favourites for a proper read in the morning. Thanks for posting

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »
 O0  Good read Mr. T.,  also just get old  ;) and then you know what a Sr. Menu is  :*))  and still take a box home . 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »
Great tips Tyler. Thanks for sharing it. I need to do more of that at my "advancing age"!