Author Topic: NFL PLAYOFFS!!!!  (Read 13042 times)

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
NFL PLAYOFFS!!!!
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
    As football is king here in America,and the NFL playoffs are fast approaching........who do you have as possible Lombardi trophy winners or maybe just a long run to even get there?   I was hoping the lions but they are a disgrace..............I will be rooting for the Vikings because of Adrian Peterson and some of the best uni's and helmet colors in the league...........you have to give me that as I PICKED THE LIONS.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: NFL PLAYOFFS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »
New Jersey Giants.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
I would have to go Green Bay .
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 08:47:44 PM »
Big Aussie Viking Fan here....didn't expect much from them this year but they have surprised me...and Adrian Peterson...what a GUN!!!

GO VIKES!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 07:09:23 AM »
The Purple and Black of the Baltimore Ravens!!

They have been tough to watch this year because they have been so damn inconsistent but they have the talent to make a run. The playoffs are about being "hot" at the right time.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 07:09:58 AM »
New Jersey Giants.

It doesn't look like your Giants will make it in this year, Tom.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »
Go Raiders!
Oh nevermind.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
Sorry, Tom.....Barring a win (not guaranteed) plus a plethora of things to happen in other games, the Giants will be the first Super Bowl winner in four seasons to miss the playoffs the next season. The AFC Playoff Picture Pretty Much is the same as last year's, just substitute "Colts" for "Steelers". If the 49ers win, six out the eight divisions will have repeat champions from last year. I'm rooting for anyone who can take out the Falcons...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
Re: NFL PLAYOFFS!!!! Romo stinks again.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
  Tony Romo has another lousy  ''big game'' performance..............when will Dallas realize that Romo  is not the answer? 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »
Longtime Bears fan as I grew up in Chicago (in the City, not the 'burbs). And as the aforementioned Bears fan I have to say that I'm relieved that the Vikes beat the Pack yesterday, thus assuring themselves a playoff spot and knocking the Bears out.

My reasoning is that the Vikes show more potential, at this point, to do something in the playoffs. The Bears would have most definitely lost in the first round. I'd rather see a team from the division go in and DO something than go in and be a doormat and the Bears had "Welcome" written all over them.

Secondly, and perhaps most important, is that a housecleaning of the coaching staff has been in order for some time and now it has been done. Lovie Smith was just OK when he took the 10-6 Bears to the Super Bowl where they got their a$$e$ handed to them by P. Manning and the Colts. Lovie is not good at devising contingency plans, never has been, but it seems that he has been burned out for at least a couple of years. His staff needs to be examined under a microscope, most notably Mike Tice. He is in way over his head as an offensive coordinator and he needs to go. None of this would have been done had the Bears made the playoffs even though they had one of the worst meltdowns from 7-1 in history. Hopefully they won't get the reincarnation of Abe Gibron to replace Lovie but they wouldn't have a chance to get something better without firing the coach.

Let's hope for a better 2013.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »
 And yet Detroit at 4-12 keeps their head coach and everybody else!..................that may explain their lousy play this year. If ever a team needed house cleaning,it would be the Lions.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 11:36:27 PM »
My first post of 2013......Let the coaching carousel begin!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »
It sure has a good start Harry .
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Cysly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »
Skol Vikings!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 06:33:22 PM »
Pulling for a Super Bird Bowl ... Ravens / Seahawks.

If not them, then anyone but the Broncos or Patriots.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Enter your email address: