Author Topic: Fred Dalton Thompson ...  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Fred Dalton Thompson ...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »

Speaking of plugs, Joe Biden might just have the worst looking hair/plugs in the entire Congress.

What do you mean might? ???

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »
Well, I only said that because I don't what they all look like.  I'll clarify better... I can't imagine anyone looking worse than Joe Biden.  How's that?
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 10:02:39 PM »
Pulling from my old history degree ... Eisenhower was pretty close to being a sly bald guy.  He certainly never tried to hide it.  I once read, or heard at a dress for success thing, that people in politics and business who hide baldness are often judged as having other things to hide ...
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »
Pulling from my old history degree ... Eisenhower was pretty close to being a sly bald guy.  He certainly never tried to hide it.  I once read, or heard at a dress for success thing, that people in politics and business who hide baldness are often judged as having other things to hide ...

Ike was also a headshaver.  I read a biography of him years ago that had some photos that showed him and Mamie on vacation somewhere on a boat -- in a warm climate somewhere (I forget where exactly) and he had shaved his head to keep cool.  Sly guy WAY before his time. 8)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 10:11:58 PM »
Have to dig around grandma's attic and see if I can find an old "I Like Ike" button!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldRob

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 05:50:23 AM »

And back in ol' Ike's day, there wasn't a mass media stigma about being bald... that didn't start happening until the mid to late 60's...