Author Topic: Oh God, what have I done?!?  (Read 23985 times)

Andrei

Re: Oh God, what have I done?!?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 04:35:28 AM »
Also, just out of my own morbid curiousity, how old do you guys think I look without hair? I think it makes me make older because well, a. I'm bald! and b. my head is suddenly a lot wrinklier lol.

Is this a trick question?
We've seen the photos "making of" and "after" but no "before".

IMO you look great sly.
I saw a couple of men with scalp wrinkles: one was sporting a #1 buzz and the other the sly look.
If you like your new look and the wrinkles are the only issue then I would say keep it.

So, back to age, judging by the photos that you've posted I would say that you are in the 25 - 30 years age range.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 05:58:05 AM »
anndrei makes a good call on your age, but, looking at things in the background of your photo, i'm going to vote for older.  looks like you have a traditional tv, and a vcr player.  25-30 people would have a flat screen and blu-ray players. lol.

yes, you do look pretty young in the shaved photo.

Offline Navigator

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »
Hmm, interesting, so pretty much the same. Must all be in my head then. Most people think I am 30-something with hair (though some thought that when I was still mid-20s  :o). I'm 29 for the record so not really that far off anymore anyway.

And, yes, Mr Zed, I do have a VCR and a CRT TV. I'm just old school. I proudly do not own an i-anything. Like Miniver Cheevy, I was born too late. Pretty sure I should have been born 20 or 30 years earlier.  :P

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »
Hmm, interesting, so pretty much the same. Must all be in my head then. Most people think I am 30-something with hair (though some thought that when I was still mid-20s  :o). I'm 29 for the record so not really that far off anymore anyway.

And, yes, Mr Zed, I do have a VCR and a CRT TV. I'm just old school. I proudly do not own an i-anything. Like Miniver Cheevy, I was born too late. Pretty sure I should have been born 20 or 30 years earlier.  :P
  You aren't the only one  ;D .  I could have been in Gunsmoke, Rawhide, and been a star. 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Andrei

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
Navigator, this only means that your new style is not making you look older, but the contrary.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:28:33 AM by Andrei »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 04:44:23 AM »
I'm 29 for the record so not really that far off anymore anyway.

So the background needs to shave it's head to look younger. Lol. The background is deceiving!

You look good at 29!

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »
Firstly, your skull looks interesting -- not strange or funny. Secondly, for all those that have said that no-one is perfect I have only one word -- WRONG.

Everyone is perfect, just as they are -- especially when slick. A great late english philosopher and spiritual master by the name of Douglas E Harding [known as the "man with no head" because of the way he taught people to perceive the world] discovered that he and by extension we generally imagine ourselves from about 3 feet away looking back at ourselves. Which is weird -- why not 30 feet or 3 miles or 3 mm? And why looking back at ourselves from the front?

In other words, we look at ourselves in our minds in the third person as if we were objects [people] in the world. Now, people other than me are objects in the world to me but not to themselves. Perceiving yourself as the first person, singular means that you do not even perceive your own head let alone any interesting aspects of it that are available in the third person perspective.

For many, many people this "discovery" is very liberating -- freedom from our own judgements about ourselves. What a waste of time and energy. I highly advise you and any others interested to go to http://headless.org/ to get the idea and maybe look at a quick instructive video or two. Completely based on reason, experience and the results of our own "experiments" of which there are many. Go to here http://headless.org/experiments/pointing.htm for one of the most important experiments -- it only takes about a minute.

Also, some razors are more flexible than others. Schick extrem 3 is quite flexible and might make it easier. But, what about one of those electric razors with 2 or 3 longitudinal ridges on the head. I reckon the razor ridge might fit into your skull ridges and do a pretty good job.

Anyway, from the third person perspective it looks good but from the first person perspective [your perspective, internally] it looks completely clear, transparent and open. How could it possibly be better? Congratulations.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:14:16 PM by voidoid »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »
Everyone is perfect, just as they are

Great point of view. I stand corrected.  8)

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2019, 03:45:25 PM »
I have the same condition.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 04:46:42 AM »
Not that it makes a real difference, but those crenelations in your scalp could be something called CVG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutis_verticis_gyrata

Steve

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 09:45:02 AM »
Not that it makes a real difference, but those crenelations in your scalp could be something called CVG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutis_verticis_gyrata

Steve

Many guys have this,is pretty common