Author Topic: Do women ever approach you?  (Read 12259 times)

Offline slyboy

• Learning the way of Sly
Do women ever approach you?
« on: December 20, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
So over the last few years I had my hair grown out really long and I was approached by women pretty much everywhere I went.  In about 3 months I went from getting complements on my hair to getting insulted by random people in the street for my buzz cut and bald spot.  I've noticed that there are some good looking young bald men here and I want to know do young women still approach you and want to get to know you?

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: Do women ever approach you?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 03:28:07 PM »
Sorry am not young.  But yes for the answer they like the confidance, and the testosterone .  I have seen some long hair in nice jeans and they turned around and they also had a nice beard.  Woops ! 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
G'Day Slyboy,

Welcome to the Slyness Kingdom  O0

To answer your question, I am in the same vintage as Switchblade, and I get approached by women all the time.........and slapped in the face for perving on them  :x!

Seriously, though Slyboy I don't usually get approached by women as I am 6'-3" 275lbs, Bald and fugly. The only time it changes is at Xmas or at parties, when the women as a bit more relaxed or a little tipsy and are less inhibited, they tend to want to rub my head. I fight against it but they break me down  :P

benlen

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »
The problem dude isn't the hair, it's the confidence and attitude.

What you're saying is that your long hair, while it must have been beautiful, was the sole cause of women approaching you.

Think about how vain that is, and how vain that makes women out to be. Do you think women were into you solely for your hair, or for other parts of you? Say, the way the rest of your body looks, or how naturally confident or sexy you were? Or your personality, your drive, or passions?

I can imagine that having a buzzed look with a bald spot isn't great for the confidence, which erodes automatically some of your appeal to women. Also, depending upon the severity of your balding, it can look rather ridiculous and as if you don't care about your appearance. That translates to other people's first impressions of you.

My suggestion: shave it off.

And as for women approaching you, do you want women approaching you? While it is complimentary and ego boosting for women to approach men, most men like the chase women instead of being chased. It's in our nature, and besides, when a woman approaches you, that's all you've got, you have no choice in the matter.

When I get approached by women, which is rarely, it is generally by women I don't want to date.

But when I approach women, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. But when I win, I'm getting a woman I want.

I would suggest forgetting about the long hair, shaving your head and updating your style a little bit, and pursue women for a change rather than letting them come to you.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:00:36 PM by benlen »

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »
G'Day Slyboy,

Welcome to the Slyness Kingdom  O0

To answer your question, I am in the same vintage as Switchblade, and I get approached by women all the time.........and slapped in the face for perving on them  :x!

Seriously, though Slyboy I don't usually get approached by women as I am 6'-3" 275lbs, Bald and fugly. The only time it changes is at Xmas or at parties, when the women as a bit more relaxed or a little tipsy and are less inhibited, they tend to want to rub my head. I fight against it but they break me down  :P
O0 6'3" you have to bend over mate.  You proably look like a bouncer and I am only 6'1" and 228lbs.  Looken good for all I have been through  :*))by the way which head ? Or do you carry a step ladder mate.   ;) :o O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »
LOL Switchblade  :*))

BBCAlex

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 04:20:26 PM »
Since going bald by choice a month and a half ago I am getting an incredible increase in the attention I am getting from women. The woman at the spa I go to is obviously madly in love with me and she even grabbed my ass a couple weeks ago. I dont have the heart to tell her or the other women that Im gay.  :*))

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Do women ever approach you?
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
All in "presentation"... If you exube confidence (not cockiness) you'll be fine.
. 02ยข

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »
I don't really get approached that much; my wife and daughter in tail probably have something to do with that.

I don't think being sly has hindered me in that way, I still get the odd glance or flirtatious exchange from the opposite sex.

You should shave it off, IMHO it's about confidence, find it and you'll do fine.
Lynchy

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »
I get approached by women all the time.........and slapped in the face for perving on them  :x!

Thanks for that Aussie expression, OzSly!!!  I love to learn these kinds of things from our Global connections here. 

"Perving on them"...   I like that  one. ;)

I think many women do find a bald head attractive.  They have different tastes, just like we do... and I imagine that some of them like to mix it up a little too.  Some won't like it, but other may really be into it. 

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:26:37 PM by slymyke »

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »
lol Slymyke  O0

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »
Slyboy, welcome.

Go back up and read benlen's posting again ... he hit all the right points.

It's not about the hair/haircut, it's about the person (that's you).
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 06:56:48 AM »
It's all a matter of confidence.....I have not shaved since Thursday the 13th due to a combination of work and illness and my bald strands and donut hole (don't have the full-blown horseshoe yet, but it will get there eventually) are showing big time....Went into McDonald's this morning for OJ and a breakfast burrito and the cashier, about 20 kept smiling and staring at me even though I am double her age! She was real friendly to me, because I approached her with respect and confidence....It's not what's on your head, it's what's in it! I wonder how much more she would have smiled at me if I had my head shaved....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »
Women approach me all the time....my daughter and the Lovely Mrs. Schro. :@`
Just the way I like it!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »
Hey slyboy (if you are real) Welcome to SBG !

You stated: In about 3 months I went from getting complements on my hair to getting insulted by random people in the street for my buzz cut and bald spot.

How can random people on the street insult you if they do not know you?

I agree with what benlen posted a few strands up.

Hope you continue posting and we all can boost your confidence. 

Enter your email address: