Author Topic: Kobe---Stay or Go???  (Read 6887 times)

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
Kobe---Stay or Go???
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:29:18 PM »
Hey Guys,

So I've been a hard-core Lakers fan since '93.
Followed every season, followed almost every game....

SO it came to my surprise that Kobe Bryant actually wanted to be traded from the Lakers. This is a player that has never been on any other team other than the Lakers since high school. He is the Lakers.

My bias- I def. like Kobe over Shaq. Im glad shaq left and kobe stayed....

Now, why does he want to leave??
HE says that he wants higher management to bring their act together or he will leave.

Come on Kobe! Grow up and play the game. The lakers have done everything for you. They are building a team around YOU. YOU have an amazing contract. YOU make a lot of the calls.
What other player can say the same???
Even Shaq doesnt have that power in Miami.

Sorry, I think im just venting over the stupid comments Kobe's been making over the past few days. Im still supporting Kobe, but once you leave buddy that support will be long gone! :Xo!

BaldRob

Re: Kobe---Stay or Go???
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »
Kobe's a dirtbag... can't stand him and wouldn't want him on my Pistons!

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 02:49:43 PM »

HAHA...well right now im still supporting Kobe....

...and plus your pistons dont deserve Kobe...well not yet at least... :*))

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Hot wife though.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 03:25:52 PM »

Actually, we don't need him...

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »

You're such a homer. You mean to tell me Pistons management wouldn't even entertain the idea? :/O
You could make an argument that my Warriors don't need him (they're already loaded with SG & SF), but I'd definitely consider it.

Wake up B-Rob!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 04:01:33 PM »
I think it was a negotiation tactic that he used.  He knew that if the media heard him say those words that everyone would start talking about the Lakers and every sports show would start dissecting their management and team.  That's exactly what he wants to happen so that he show the management that others agree with him.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 04:10:36 PM »
Beside the fact that he is a very selfish individual...you cannot deny the fact that he is one of the best players in the NBA, Lebron, him, & Duncan, not in any order...I may be shunned for saying this, but I think Kobe just wants to be on a winning team, ala Jodan and the Bulls those years, I think the $$$, ala Clemens, is not as important...

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 04:16:43 PM »
I think it was a negotiation tactic that he used.  He knew that if the media heard him say those words that everyone would start talking about the Lakers and every sports show would start dissecting their management and team.  That's exactly what he wants to happen so that he show the management that others agree with him.

Yea, i thought so too....

but he has to remember that he has fans and that he cant be playing with their emotions...

some ppl take the sport/team very seroiusly....he could have just came out and said that he is very upset with the team...rather than first say he wants to leave...than stay...now leave again...

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 04:33:13 PM »
Beside the fact that he is a very selfish individual...you cannot deny the fact that he is one of the best players in the NBA, Lebron, him, & Duncan, not in any order...I may be shunned for saying this, but I think Kobe just wants to be on a winning team, ala Jodan and the Bulls those years, I think the $$$, ala Clemens, is not as important...

You can't even mention Kobe in the same sentence as MJ...

MJ was a basketball god!  No one playing today is even close to his Bulls playing days...

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »

You're such a homer. You mean to tell me Pistons management wouldn't even entertain the idea? :/O
You could make an argument that my Warriors don't need him (they're already loaded with SG & SF), but I'd definitely consider it.

Wake up B-Rob!

Basketball is a TEAM game and Kobe is not a team player... He's a spoiled little brat that thinks he's a superstar.  Any team that is interested in him better have a coach/management that will break him of his "I" attitude.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 04:49:02 PM »
Figured you'd go there.Tough to argue that.

Don't know if Flip Saunders is the guy to do that. I think Don Nelson (Warriors coach) could handle Kobe, but I'd rather see the GSW pick up someone that can bang down low. Not necessarily as a starter, but someone that can give us 20 mins a game when the pace changes.

Between Baron Davis, S. Jackson. J Richardson, Al Harrington, Andres Biedrins, and Monte Ellis, we're looking good. To bring Kobe in means we'd have to give up at least two of these guys. Personally, I'm not certain that really improves the GSW.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 01:38:28 AM »

Wake up B-Rob!

Basketball is a TEAM game and Kobe is not a team player... He's a spoiled little brat that thinks he's a superstar.  Any team that is interested in him better have a coach/management that will break him of his "I" attitude.

Right on!!!!!!!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 07:26:45 AM »

You can't even mention Kobe in the same sentence as MJ...

MJ was a basketball god!  No one playing today is even close to his Bulls playing days...

All you Chicago guys are alike...I was exactly comparing the 2 as far as talent goes, I was saying that I think KoBE just wants to have what Mike had with all those championships won, even though him and Shaq did what they did, I think Kobe is trying to prove that he is the main guy and he can win a championship w/o a big time guy next to him on the team, which is why he is a selfish individual....

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 09:22:11 AM »
A great basketball player is one who can put his team on his shoulders and take them to the next level, when he needs to but is selfless otherwise. Like MJ, and LeBron now. This is not Kobe. The Lakers haven't made the playoffs since Shaq left and barely played .500 this year. Let him stay in LA. They deserve his ego.