Author Topic: Can we be "just friends" with women?  (Read 6383 times)

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
Re: Can we be "just friends" with women?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:57 AM »
Yes being friends with women is very possible and also healthy... I have a lot of women friends whom i shared meaningful times and shared stories and laughters... by the way they are also friends of my wife, he he he. :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 06:24:07 AM »
Sure, why not?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 09:15:10 AM »
It is NOT possible for me.

That being said I got one female friend, but I had sex with her before! :D

Offline matt548

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »
you can be but come on....most of the time one person wants the other..i mean its simple biology...2 male lions are NEVER friends!  :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 11:02:26 PM »
I have a heap of really good female friends, that while they are attractive, I'm not actually attracted to them. Nothing wrong with having a close female friend and I think it's pretty handy too. It's normally a lot easier to talk to a female friend about certain problems then one of the boys, you'll probably get better advice too haha.

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 03:25:49 AM »
In general I would say no for me. Not that I have anything against it, just that it hasn't worked out that way in my life. However, I have one that I've been friends with for 8 years now, that I am more than a little attracted to in multiple ways, but she's married and that's not ground I wish to tread on. That said, I'd rather have her in my life as an awesome friend, than not at all.

I noticed a couple fellas brought up having gay friends as well. Well, cliche or not, I have many of them. I live in a city where 40% of the male population swings that way, and it'd be pretty limiting to not have friends of that sort.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 04:03:05 AM »
I saw my ex-wife (the one I divorced in March) a couple of weeks ago....I went to bring her some certified mail that came to my house. When I saw her, she asked for a hug. I obliged and we had a nice conversation. Her mother was there too, so it may have been a little easier to be friendly with a third party present. At any rate I am past the anger phase, but as far as exes, I can maintain a cordial relationship with the occasional "Hello, how's it going?" but friendship is highly unlikely especially with an ex....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.