Author Topic: I need some help guys......  (Read 12984 times)

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: I need some help guys......
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Beardman mate  :)

Switchblade, your right, my problems are minor compared to others and I am lucky that I can do something about it.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Beardman mate  :)

Switchblade, your right, my problems are minor compared to others and I am lucky that I can do something about it.
  And Oz also thank you .  That is why I love this board so much.  We all have issues of some sort or another.  it is like live .  I think about the parable , When I had no shoes.  I saw the man that had no feet. 

Thank you brother Oz ! 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 03:33:43 AM »
I would start here to get rid of all the nutrition dogmas: http://180degreehealth.com/about-180-degree-health

Offline John125

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 02:19:02 AM »
I have read your post and article. That was really nice and most informative. I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I hope that you will continue to post here. And I think that was a great job. May God bless you.

Offline sahil15

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 04:12:25 PM »
Hey Viking,

long time... i just read your post. weight loss is an eternal struggle.... But dont get bumed by it if it does not go your way... we have all been there.

I used to weigh 115 kilos 3 years ago... (not sure how much thats in stone but its a lot).

and yea maybe uve got comfortable... happens to everyone when they are in a committed relationship. If you put your mind to it you will get there... When you lose a stone... pat yourself on the back and say can i lose  half a stone more... if u keep setting yourself goals then it will keep it more interesting...

But at the end of the day if u r truly serious about loosing the weight then you have to make a life style choice. You will have to give up certain foods you like (not forever but for long periods)... Fat does not play by the rules so neither should you... and as usual exersice can not be ignored

You have been given some great advice by other members... but see whats the best course of action for you... it needs to work for you and I promise if you stick to it you will see progress

And anytime u feel u wana chat or need advice just PM me.

Best of luck bro

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 06:02:14 AM »
Thanks Sahil, about time I sorted this out!

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »
And still no action from me!! This has been the storey of my last 10 years, I'll start it tomorrow.....blah blah......

Still in the same cycle of bad habits, excuses and guilt. I almost fear I'm afraid of the outcome, afraid of trying and failing, at least if you have a positive vision on the future there is something positive, maybe I'm afraid off trying and this positive future isn't there. Sick of waking up and feeling crap, feeling irritable and sluggish throughout the day then going to bed with the "starting tomorrow" positivity that slowly turns into the guilt. I owe it to my friends, family, myself and most importantly my wife to sort this out, to embrace what can only be a better future. Surely it's simple, eat less trash, move more leads to feeling better which leads to positive outcomes.

Man, I don't know where this has come from tonight, this place has always felt "safe" and reading back previous replies you are some great folks who have taken the time to pass on your advice and experiences. Thank you.

I don't want to be who I am anymore, only I can change that......

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 07:17:06 PM »
Viking, I can understand what you are going thru.  My weight is normal, but there are various aspects of my life that I would like to change.  The biggest one is being a very messy housekeeper (I live alone, so the good news is that I don't annoy anyone else with my mess; the bad news is that I am reluctant to invite people over).  I am trying to focus on changing things a small bit at a time.

So, and I speak from parallel experience, I would urge you not to dump on yourself.  You can't change what happened yesterday, but you can decide to make a different tomorrow.  There are various support groups for people trying to lose weight; see if something will work for you.  Meanwhile attack the problem in little pieces:  give up one type of junk food, make yourself exercise a little bit every day, keep track of what you are eating to see where you can cut down, ask yourself, before eat bite, whether you really WANT the weight that you are adding.  Most importantly, understand that you are going to screw up, forget to diet or exercise, make some bad food judgements.  It's called being human.  Don't blame yourself; determine that you will do something different next time.  I am rooting for you.

Enter your email address: