Author Topic: 30 day rule passed  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Kevin G

• Sly Jr.
30 day rule passed
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:08:06 AM »
 Well it has been over 30 days and being sly is a keeper for me.  I absolutely love it.   I have learned a lot and have improved my shaving technique a great deal since I started.  I still have some issues with a couple spots on the back of my head when I shave against the grain.  But just today I tried a new product that helped the problem by at least 80%.  I will post a short review of it in the product review section. 

I am also still trying to clear up some acne type spots on the back of my head but they are getting better and it does not look bad.  Actually over all it looks pretty good.  My wife even said that the skin on my scalp looks so good that she is envious and wants to know what products I use  ;).

I just wanted to thank everyone here that gave me advice and encouragement.  You guys helped me make this positive change in my life.  The Sly Bald Guys community is the best and one that I am very proud to be  a part of.  I will definitely be around here as long as Tyler keeps it running.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 30 day rule passed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:07:42 AM »
Congrats, Kevin!....I guess in the beginning, you were a little nervous, but once you did the deed, it was nothing to it, right? Here's to 30 more sly days and beyond!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:59:06 AM by SlySirHarry13 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:54:38 AM »
Gee, I can't believe it has been that long already. I can still remember you having your doubts, now I see you encouraging the newbies and fence sitters, well done mate. Congratulations, and may there be many more sly days ahead of you!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 04:34:37 AM »
Congratulations. You have taken over the sly look.  Your dome is impressive.  Next goal is the one year spot.

I went back to look at all of your posts. Nice progression. You've don't well. Stick around to encourage the  other guys who are on the fence and need to just pick up the razor and  become smooth.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: 30 day rule passed
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:26 AM »
Congrats!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
Way to go Kevin!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Andrei

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »
Congratulation, not just for the 30 day rule, but also for the progress!

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
Well done Kevin mate!!
 P@^

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
Conrad's , would like to see a pic. Kevin  O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Kevin G

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 06:02:42 PM »
Thanks guys for all the nice comments guys I appreciate it.  Switchy I am going to put a new picture up on my profile either today or tommorow.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »
Kevin, now that you're past the 30 day mark ...

Are you still surprised when you see yourself unexpectedly in a mirror?

How do you feel when you meet someone "from the past" who doesn't know that you've gone sly?
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Kevin G

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 06:54:24 AM »
Kevin, now that you're past the 30 day mark ...

Are you still surprised when you see yourself unexpectedly in a mirror?

How do you feel when you meet someone "from the past" who doesn't know that you've gone sly?

Am I surprised when I unexpectedly see myself in the mirror?  These days usually no.  Once in a great while I might see my reflection in a mirror at a store and say to myself "wow I really am bald now" but this is not in a bad way.  Just more like a who would have thought kind of way.  I used to be pretty vain about my hair for the longest time.  Probably the hardest part for me to get used to was when I first buzzed it super short.  While I liked the look I was very self conscious about it.  It took a good month before I was more confident.

As far as meeting someone from the past I have not ran into a lot but the reactions have been positive so far.  At first sometimes I would be a little nervous about what they might think but now I feel pretty confident.  I know that they say you have to almost own the bald look to make it work the best and I feel that is the point I have finally got to. 

I have only gotten two negative reactions so far.  The rest have all been positive.  One was from my dad, but he has always had the opinion that even if you are losing your hair you should just keep it.  Of course my response was that I am not into the bozo the clown or hairy toilet seat look  ;).  And that was that. 

The other was from one co worker.  He told me that I should grow some hair back because it would make him feel much better.  I asked him why out of curiousity and he would not give me an answer.  He just said that he would feel better.  I laughed it off and told him he should shave his head bald and that he may like it.  He said no way and that was pretty much the end of our conversation.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »
CongratsKevin- it is the best feeling isn't it? I am 8 months into it now and still love it. Your technique will continue to improve for sure.