Author Topic: sunscreen moisturizer?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
sunscreen moisturizer?
« on: July 17, 2012, 06:59:56 PM »
Has anyone tried this? http://www.headblade.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HB&Product_Code=HeadLube+SPF+30+5+oz.w%2F+free+SPF+15&Category_Code=aftershave

I'm trying to find something that is fairly thin that absorbs easily moisturizes and has sunscreen in it. If I use any actual sunscreens on my scalp it feels greasy or oily pretty much right away. I've been using a couple things but I've been breaking out in pimples on my head because it clogs my pores so bad.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: sunscreen moisturizer?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:36:16 AM »
gunngee, although they've had HeadLube (moisturizer with sunscreen) for a while, the product you linked to is new (within the last couple of weeks) - different package design, and the description advises that it is reformulated for 2013.

So I've no experience with that. However, the I use the previous HeadLube products and am satisfied with them. I've not used anything else, so have nothing to compare to.

If you try it out, let us know. And ... if you're going to order it be sure to use the link from this site to get there - 20% discount for the referral link. And if you do order, I encourage you to get a few of the pumps which fit on the bottle - really convenient. I got them for my entire array of yellow soldiers. (HeadLube, HeadSlick, etc.)
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »
Hey gungee, I've been using Palmer' s cocoa butter oil with SPF 15 protection. It goes for $9.99 at Walgreens. So far I like it, and it's a great after-shave treatment.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »
I've found that when I apply some SPF-30 or higher I get a lasting shine on the ol' dome.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »
Slynito, Thanks for thr tp. That is awesome. I am all for that.

Slynito

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 08:33:37 AM »
My pleasure, Joe...good luck with it!

O0

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
Frontierguy,

I like head blade products too! I like the headblade glossy lube myself and I use slick all the time. I have also used clearhead to help with bumps that appear. THe only thing thaqt I have been able to find here locally is the slick and the shadow 4 razor. I did however find 1 place that carries headlube. I usually order my  headblade products on line through the sly guys link.

Take care,

Baldjoeg

O0 O0 O0

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
The headlube matte seems to do a nice job, especially if you want to turn the shine down.

The only thing that bugs me about it is that the smell is awfully reminiscent of a certain personal lubricant...

Enter your email address: