Author Topic: Im 19 and going bald, need opinion please please! with pictures  (Read 14968 times)

Offline james_pierce1928

• Learning the way of Sly
This is my first time writing in the forum. Im 19 years old and going bald really really fast. What can i tell you, obviously im scared, always hearing jokes about bald guys. Girl friends saying haha that bald man. More than everything im scared of whats going to happen. Im the only bald man between my friends so, theyre going to pick on me. Ive being dating some girls and im afraid the would not want me anymore. Its just to much for this shitty age, if i had 25 or 30 years old it would be easier. But no, here are some pictures, tell me opinions, what you think, anything, im in a depressing lonely moment right now

Pictures LINK:
http://picturepush.com/public/11448190
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/39nm5
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9kl83

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
Re: Im 19 and going bald, need opinion please please! with pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »
At 19 girls are still very immature teenagers basically. Try dating girls older. But definitely get a stylish buzzcut now. Your hair is too long so the thinning is more noticeable. Do something for yourself to raise you self confidence like working out. Many guys your age have buzzcuts or just shave their heads anyway. Bald is not unusual today for guys any age. It is one hairstyle to pick from like any other. It is only an issue in YOUR mind, no one elses. If your friends see that you feel like your a victim of some terrible disaster then they will make jokes. But if they see you are confident and secure and dont feel like a victim any more they will not harass you, there would be no fun in it for them, if you see what I mean ?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
Welcome! I can see that you're thinning a little bit, but it's not the end of the world....If you are not ready to go all the way, a high-and-tight or a buzz cut would work for you. As far as the girls go, some of them tend to act immature even when they reach legal age. But between me, you (and maybe some of the other guys here) the excessive neck hair is going to be a turnoff for even the most mature women so I would certainly get that cleaned up ASAP. Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:15:40 AM by SlySirHarry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline CC Kael

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:00:33 AM »
Welcome to the board, James! I have the same type of thinning on the crown as you. Not noticable from the front but always afraid to be seated under a bright light. I wasn't quite as young as you, but I was 22 when it became noticable and had shoulder length hair. I took it down to a #2 buzz and alternated between that and slightly longer buzzes for a few years. The relief when I got that first buzz and saw how much less noticable the thinning was was unbelievable. Going as short as a #2 may not be necessary, but I encourage you to do the same if this whole thing is bothering you.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:52:10 AM »
Welcome James.

I can't help with your specific question, but just coming to this site is the perfect first move on your part. Plenty of young guys here who have had the exact same experience as you. So you're not alone, and they all survived as will you.

Most important is to do what's right for you and reclaim your confidence. Continue posting here and you'll find incredible support, wiscom, and encouragement to see you through.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 04:58:31 AM »
I would get a buzz cut.  At your age I kept mine that way even though I was not thinning.  I liked that style.   Some kidding but that only increased my confidence in myself.  Girls that obsessed with hair style are not worth dating.

marty22

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 05:25:14 AM »
start with a short buzzcut.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 06:52:48 AM »
Agree with Marty: start with a short buzz - and don't panic. 

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
I agree with the others.  It really isn't as bad as it seems.  Go with a short buzz cut or high and tight.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
if girls saying stuff like that, it might be more interesst in you behind it,  just to give ou another perspective on that.
as the othersalready stated, try a buzz cut.
it might be hard to get not frustrated, just don't worry to much !

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »
The thinning doesn't look that bad to me. I'm surprised that people are even noticing.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 12:51:09 PM »
Your thinning hair doesn't look that bad to me either. You might try a shorter buzz cut for starters.

Offline Big Dan

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 01:12:16 PM »
Your hair isn't that bad at all, i was a similar age to you when my hair went and have been bald ever since.

Get a buzz cut, some new clothes and get yourself out there. Be confident with it and you'll be surprised how much you enjoy it.

Offline james_pierce1928

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
THANKS to all of you guys. This forum is very suportive. I will get a buzz cut as you say. Thank you very much, you really made me feel better!

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »
You don't have much to worry about but go ahead and shave your head and go completely sly your friends should except you for who you are if they don't then they aren't your friends so what if you are bald or not they should be proud of the decision you made to make you feel better. I hope you make the right decision and i hope your friends except you for who you are.

Enter your email address: