Various Non-Bald Discussions > Military/Serviceman

Four Star Generals

(1/4) > >>

tomgallagher:
Isn't it great (sigh) to see that even our 4 star generals can act like high schoolers playing with facebook sometimes..LOL.

D.A.L.U.I.:
Two excellent examples that it's not the uniform and rank you wear, but how you wear your uniform and rank that matters.

Second lesson, always maintain a healthy skepticism, in the philosophical sense, concerning all in authority.

Remember that great poem, Ozymandias, and the line, " Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"  Rather like an appropriate caption on the photos of these two, pardon the pun, "gentlemen."

Slynito:
Another example of people who have the world by the tail...education, money, power, high esteem, can rub elbows with any leader in the world, but can become the victim of loneliness, lack of curtain attention or perhaps a desire to test his powers in a different way. We are a strange species and always are proving it. 

D.A.L.U.I.:

--- Quote from: Slynito on November 19, 2012, 07:41:39 AM ---Another example of people who have the world by the tail...education, money, power, high esteem, can rub elbows with any leader in the world, but can become the victim of loneliness, lack of curtain attention or perhaps a desire to test his powers in a different way. We are a strange species and always are proving it. 

--- End quote ---

For some details on the lives of these guys based only on their military rank--and they're rarely shot or even shot at!:

http://americablog.com/2012/11/should-us-military-elite-live-as-extravagantly-as-us-corporate-elite.html

schro:
People from all walks of life are capable of acts that make you proud, and acts that disgust you.
The events of the last few weeks have been a head scratcher to say the least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version