Poll

How long should my beard go?

6 months
8 months
10 months
1 year
More than 1 year...

Author Topic: 3 Month Beard....  (Read 17141 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: 3 Month Beard....
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
The general rule of thumb for any guy who is thinking of shaving his beard is to wait 24 hours before acting and then see how you feel.  I think it's a wise idea; I shaved mine off on a couple of occasions and regretted it each time.  The last time I grew it back I decided that I would never shave it off again.

Probably the best piece of advice I've heard in a while! I'd like to add, if after that first 24 hours you still have the urge, wait another 24... and another 24 etc until the urge has passed :P

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 08:41:51 PM »
I'd like to add, if after that first 24 hours you still have the urge, wait another 24... and another 24 etc until the urge has passed :P

;)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
I'd like to add, if after that first 24 hours you still have the urge, wait another 24... and another 24 etc until the urge has passed :P

;)

::)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »
I know I'm a bit late to the party but man, that is a sweet beard... keep it. I shaved off 3 months worth for a halloween costume and I'm kicking myself!

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
  • Bald and Bearded...and loving it!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »
I know I'm a bit late to the party but man, that is a sweet beard... keep it. I shaved off 3 months worth for a halloween costume and I'm kicking myself!

Thanks slyfive.

Also thanks to the other guys for their advice about the beard. I think it was just some pressure from family to get rid of the beard that made me think about it, but not for long. I actually think the beard suits me and want to continue the journey to see if a bigger beard does too....I just needed to come back to the forum to strengthen my resolve. The beard is at least going to get to 5 months without a trim!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 03:45:32 AM »

Thanks slyfive.

Also thanks to the other guys for their advice about the beard. I think it was just some pressure from family to get rid of the beard that made me think about it, but not for long. I actually think the beard suits me and want to continue the journey to see if a bigger beard does too....I just needed to come back to the forum to strengthen my resolve. The beard is at least going to get to 5 months without a trim!

I'd love to tell you that the negative comments will stop, but for the most part the kind of don't... I still get the same people persistently telling me to shave it of because it will "get me chicks", but why would I want a girl that doesn't like a big beard, because if I was to shave it off, I wouldn't stay beardless, or be able to keep a short beard for too long I don't think...

Best thing is to do exactly what you did man, go back to what makes you want to keep your beard going whenever you have the thoughts and rekindle that feeling you got, because you will definitely be kicking yourself, just as Slyfive said, once you have shaved it off.

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
It's not coming off any time soon Beardman. I have shaved previous beards off and have instantly regretted it....the only shaving will be happening on my head and not my face.... O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »
It's not coming off any time soon Beardman. I have shaved previous beards off and have instantly regretted it....the only shaving will be happening on my head and not my face.... O0

Haha, I know :D

theman

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »
Got the right idea, as good as it looks !   8)

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
So I am planning at least 5 months without trimming....how long have some of you other guys gone? I am tempted to keep going for a while...

theman

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »
So I am planning at least 5 months without trimming....how long have some of you other guys gone? I am tempted to keep going for a while...
I went little over four years, brushed it alot it go nice and soft, gray, when I rode my Harley kept my face warm and split right in the middle , people called me ZZ Doc.  It was sweet good time also go a can of spay to make it white and played Santa, well maybe bad Santa, brought some good extra bucks in !   ;) ;D  Go for it bro.. O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

I think I last trimmed mine back in march  8)

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
Well maybe I could go to next March with mine and then see... :D

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »

By "next" March do you mean 2013 or 2014?    :D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
Whoa, didn't you say earlier you were only shooting for the end of the year?  That is going to be a killer beard by March--a great goal. Stay strong!