Author Topic: Greetings from Brazil  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Aleluia

• Learning the way of Sly
Greetings from Brazil
« on: November 03, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
First of all, I´m from Brasil and my english isn´t very good so please forgive any gramathical error. BTW... what exactly means sly??? it´s a slang for shaved head right?
Ok. Let´s start

1-
I´m 28 years old, and since I was 20 I started to worry a lot with hairloss. In this time I developed some enemies like wind, daylight, swimming pools, photographs, beach, rainning, girl´s hands in my hair... And since 20 years old I´m using a hairstyle that tries to hide the problem (combover), but this is like a lie to me.
So I realized that this is not life. I´m really tired of thinking in hair all the time. I´m tired of lying to myself and trying to hide a thing all the time; I realized that life is passing and I have to accept with happiness the challenges. I really belive that the thing that turns a person beauty is the way that this person faces the life.
Every day we get older and someday I´ll have some wrinkle (thx google translator for this word!) in my face and do not looks so young. And I realized that it doesn´t make sense to suffering for the natural things of life. I thank god for my life and health and shave my head will make me feel better about who I am for real. I´m bald... so what? this is only about hair, life is very beauthiful and is much more deep than this.

2-
So I decided that in my vacation (12.12.2012) I´ll shave my head. I´ve been thinking in shaving for so long and I´m ready for this. I know that i´ll exchange my "old enemies for a new one: the shaddow, and as you can see in my photo, I have a white skin with a very black hair. At least my hair isn´t so thicker. But anyway, with shaddow or not, I´ll stay shaving my head because there´s no way to stay suffering for something natural, it´s just crazy and makes no sense to me.
I want to try the freedom that all sly guys have. And if some woman don´t like me because this, I´ll thank God to stay away from a person that only judges other person by the appearance.

3-
I´ll give an advice to all young guys that reads this forum. Don´t do the same error I´ve did. Don´t loose years of the youth thinking everyday in hair. This great time will never comeback. Accept yourself and be sure that hides a problem makes it became a bigger problem.

4-
Well. that´s it for the moment. In december I´ll come back with pics of my head shaved and i´ll be proud to put this as my avatar here.
I want to thank you all guys for the support (and the positive vibrations), this is very important to someone who is thinking in became a sly. I´ve been reading this forum for more than a year and today i´ve done my registration. BTW I use to talk in a brazilian forum about hairloss, and most people of there is so depressive by trying to fight against their own nature and genetics... And this forum is so much more positive...people from there should learn a lot with you guys, as much like I´ve learned.

5-
This is one photo of my hair these days:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:04:09 AM by Aleluia »

marty22

Re: Greetings from Brazil
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
welcome!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »
Welcome future Sly Guy. You'll look great, and you have a terrific attitude to cross the line into the Sly World (and no passport required).

12.12.2012 is a long time to wait.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
Welcome! What a great post, many people could learn from your words

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »
Welcome to the family mate, thank you for sharing with us. You have given those lurkers and fence sitters another good reason to join the way of the sly  O0

theman

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »
Welcome to the Country Club.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »
Welcome to the club.
Hair is over rated.

Offline YoungSlyBaldGuy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »
Can't wait to see the pics! I'm sure you'll be looking great.

No hair, no worries.

Offline ZachM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
I commend you on your decision to take control of your hair instead of letting it control your life, great choice.  Trust me man, once you shave your head you'll feel a lot better, and with your goatee/beard your gonna look badass. 

Accepted

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 04:12:14 PM »
you'll look great! and don't forget to post more pictures after you shave clean. Welcome :)